Drawing Crimean Vinery in Watercolor. Speed painting

I want to show and tell you how to make an easy summer illustration on the theme of the Crimean vinery!

Materials:

• watercolors "White nights" Neva palette,
  • sketchbooks from Goznak watercolor paper,
  • aquamarker "Sonnet".

Main stages:

1. Make a sketch in pencil (firstly, schematically allocate space for the background (vineyards) and the front (bunch of grapes)). Gradually add details.
  2. Apply the main colors in large spots.
  3. With strongly diluted watercolor draw the background. This is done in order not to overdo with brightness. It is better add color later :) Greens of two shades: light green in shade and yellow — light. The ground is of warm brown. Use blue for sky. I do not recommended to take dark-blue. It will look tough.
  4. In the foreground you can dilute watercolor less. For the grapes to come to the foreground visually, paint with darker shade. Grape leaves — green grass and ochre. The same color can be added to the grass in the background. The largest leaves of grapes to make warm, and the rest — cold (add blue) .
  5. Paint the grapes. In the center of the light — yellow warm. Closer to the sides — orange. This makes it easier for us to work with grape leaves. The rest you can paint darken, for depth perception the closer to the grapes, the darker the shade.
  6. The column on which the grapes hang, you need to make it contrast and bright. Don't be afraid! This will add juiciness to the work. Beautiful gradient from grapes down to the blue. To do this, simply add water.
  7. The trunks of grapes are to be brown, mixed with orange.
  8. You begin to trace the whole picture. At this point, there is magic, because all the small mistakes can be hidden, and the work begins to acquire a finished look. I used an aquamarker, but you can use anything: a regular felt-tip pen, acrylic, colored pencil. Try to make the line not boring. It may be thick, but somewhere more visible. This will add picturesqueness to your painting. Firstly, circle the simplest and easiest areas, so it will be easier to deal with the leaves of grapes.
  9. When the contour is finished, it is better to see where you want to add brightness and tone. This can be done even with colored pencils. I used another layer of watercolor.
  10. Sign your work :) Be happy!

Enjoy watching!