Decorating Wall Clock for Nursery

We offer you a simple tutorial on wall clock decoration.

At the weekend we walked in a large shopping center and bought a wall clock.

More details of the process can be found in this video:

I immediately wanted to decorate it, and the child supported this idea with pleasure.

The numbers are white on a white background, hard to read, and we wanted to use the clock as a guide to study time. Therefore, we decided to make the figures contrasting.

We took off the safety glass and started with a set of colored pencils

The set did not cope with the task.

However, almost immediately it became clear that the surface of the clock was too smooth to draw on the numbers with pencils. They slid, leaving almost no color.

The figures were pale.

We added roughness, slightly sanding the numbers. Grain 180.

We refused the idea of painting with acrylic paints because of fear of getting drips on the surface of the dial.

The child volunteered to decorate on his own, so I had to come up with a simple and affordable way to get a beautiful result.

Then the idea to use a set of gel pencils with glitter came up.

We acted so — sanded with sponge, then the child painted with pencils, and applied colored gels with glitter on top.

As a result, the figures git their finished colors and decorative look.

Since my child studies the time, we chose a model of hours with the most simple and standard dial.

After application, the gel dried for 30 minutes and the protective glass was installed in place.

We needed: a set of colored pencils, gel, sharpener and grinding sponge.

Now my child looks at the self-decorated clock with pride and pleasure.

That's what we ended up with.

In just half an hour, the child decorated the wall clock himself and proudly hung it on the wall of his room.

Share this idea with your friends!