How to Sew Handmade Bag

Would you like spring inspiration? I present you a tutorial on sewing a fabric bag. It is perfect for storing lace, ribbons, knitting, in general, an organizer :) it can also be used for cosmetics and all sorts of women's bottles and boxes, which my daughter actually does. I sewed it for my daughter together with a cosmetic bag long time ago, but for myself only now :) It is easy to clean (tried not once), it does not lose shape after washing.

For work, you will need:

• two kinds of cotton,
  • sintepon,
  • threads,
  • ruler,
  • disappearing marker,
  • lace,
  • scissors.

Print the pattern and cut it out.

Cut out the details of the bag from two types of cotton (for convenience, you can cut the pattern), leave 0.5 cm outsizes from each edge.

Sew the details of the bag together on the machine, leaving 0.5 cm edge.

To cut out the inside of the bags (I used white cotton), leave 1 cm outsizes on each side.

Between the parts make a layer of batting (my batting is 200 dense), pin all the layers for the details not to shift when we're running up.

Outline the details of the bag, first on the edge, then stitch every 4-5 cm. This will help to sew a bit later :)

Now you need to use the disappearing marker to make the markup for the line. I made a diagonal and then measured ruler wide size, not to measure the distance each time. Firstly, draw in one direction, then in the other.

You get this markup (I drew with a soap out of habit ) it is convenient that it will disappear after sewing.

That is what you get :)

Now you can trim the excess at the edges.

Immediately at this stage, outline handles with a pencil and lay the line, leaving a couple of millimeters from the edge. Cut out the hole, marked by the pencil, the line will get just on the edge of the hole.

Try on lace or sewing to decorate the bag.

Sew lace by hand with a hidden seam, I have decided to decorate another wooden label "Handmade from Leomammy", I have been searching for suitable lables for a long time. In General, these are my favorites now, and you will often see them in my tutorials and works! The tag is easy to sew through the holes at the edges.

With needles fix the bottom of the bag and sew on the machine (you can plan to make it easier to sew).

To cut out the facing (the facing cut out at an angle of 45 degrees, easily stretched and takes a rounded shape due to the direction of the threads) with a size of 2.5 × 20 cm for the seam treatment.

Tuck the edges and sew, closing the seam, you can sew a fabric tag.

Now cleave the side seams, be sure to check that the lace coincided on both parts of the bag, in this place we fix additional needles and sew on the machine.

To cut out the facing of the same size of 2.5*20 cm (cut off extra, you can buy a cotton ribbon on the bias, it will be with bent edge as I didn`t have it at home) and finish the seam, first sew it on one side of the seam.

Tuck the seam and outline it to make it easier to sew on the machine. Sew :)

It is time for side seams of the bottom of the bag. Connect and pin.

Make sure the bottom seam and the side seam match, but look in different directions. If the stitches are straightened in one direction, during sewing, the needle can break.

Process the side seams of the bottom also with stitching around.

Now process the upper edge of the bag. Outline facing of 2.5 × 65 cm size on fabric (I used fabric for the bottom of the bag).

When sewing stitching around, slightly pull for it to fit tightly and not get loose. It is very difficult to guess the exact size, so I do not sew it, and at first sew it on the product, only then sew the ends of the wrapping. They should be at an angle of 45 degrees and different (one side at a sharp angle, blunt on the other, as in the photo. I photographed that separately on purpose to make it clear).

Sew the stitching around on the front side of the bag, the front side will be inside.

Then tuck the second edge and sew it with a hidden seam by hand.

Also sew the handles of the bag.

You are to connect the stitching around ends by cutting them at an angle of 45 degrees and sew, then turn out and sew with a hidden seam.

In the same way process the second handle.

Admire the finished result!