Here We are Again: Fashion of 1980s

Fashion is cyclical, and we all know it. Now the 1980s are back again. I will admit that I love this style and this time. I cannot say that all directions are multifunctional, but to my taste, jeans with embroidery and lace, loose and volume trousers, bright sweaters and hoodies were especially great.

What should you bring back to your wardrobe?

Volume Sweaters

Big sweaters are at the peak of fashion not for the first season. It is, firstly, convenient, and, secondly, these sweaters go well with many other clothes. They can be worn with any pants and midi skirts. Some ladies even buy a sweater or a sweatshirt a size larger.

It is a great field for knitters` creativity. Especially now that sweaters are complemented by large patterns and drawings. Also, jacquard always makes things bright and unusual.

High-waisted Trousers

Jeans and pants with a high waist are trendy now. Combine them with a wide belt. These pants are not only a tribute to nostalgia, but they perfectly emphasize figure, lengthening the legs.

Red Sneakers and White Sneakers

The main thing — do not mix colors. Although red sneakers broke into the fashion catwalks a few years ago, now it`s their time again.

White sneakers are a very practical thing, except that their whiteness should be constantly maintained. They are perfectly combined with various clothes, and not only sports. Now you can wear them with summer dresses.

Leather Jacket

How can the 1980s do without a biker jacket? Recently, we have seen these jackets mainly in the wardrobe of bikers, musicians, informal people. By the way, "jackets" appeared in the early 1950s on American pilots. Then they got the name "Rocker Jacket". From the usual leather jackets for men "black leather jacket" featured a short cut, tight leather, long sleeve, and of course, the zipper going diagonally from left hip to right shoulder.

Loose Shirts

I remember how important it was to have at least one loose white shirt in the wardrobe. Everybody wore it loose, and it was even better if it looked out from below the jacket. Now this fashion is back. Shirt or blouse should fit freely, preference is given to flowing fabrics. How to wear it depends on your imagination.

Shoulder Pads

Of course, one of the main symbols of the 1980s — shoulder pads. In those years it was almost impossible to buy them in any store, so people made such pads from foam rubber and sewed them themselves. By the way, one version of why they came into fashion then is the desire of women in those years to be on equal terms with men in business. Such shoulder pads in a jacket or a dress gave visual masculinity and, accordingly, great confidence to their owner. Today, this piece of clothing is back to the catwalks of the world.

Large Clip-on Earrings

Thin, neat earrings made of precious metals now give way to large, volume clips. They are not quite similar to those that were in the 1980s, as jewelry has become better, but the principle and forms remain the same.

Leggings

Recently, the leggings have become just sportswear. Their bright varieties even began to be considered vulgar. But now they are back — plain, bright, colored. Now wearing leggings is not a sign of bad taste, but rather an indicator of fashion trends.

Cocktail Dress

Now the notion of a "cocktail" for dresses has changed a bit. It doesn't have to be short and tight. This season cocktail dresses, which famous designers offer, differ in a variety of styles, textures, decor elements and length.

Personally, the return of 1980s fashion pleased me. After all, this is a great opportunity to show your imagination, experiment with styles and even combine seemingly incompatible things. To adopt such a style or not — everyone decides for himself/herself. This freedom of choice also has the spirit of the 1980s.