How to Make Easter Box ''Nest''

I present you a tutorial on creating an Easter box.

The papier-mâché blank should be sanded and primed with non-aqueous varnish. I did it with shellac. Then prime it in two layers with white acrylic paint from a DIY shop, or two layers of acrylic soil. Dry for 1 hour.

To apply the textured border on the side of the box, select a stencil suitable for the pattern and size, preferably with a floral ornament. Attach the stencil with masking tape to the sidewalls.

With the help of a spatula apply acrylic filler for wood on the stencil.

You get this result. Allow the putty to dry for 3 hours. Then smooth the putty with fine sandpaper to remove protruding spikes and sharp corners.

Start working with self-hardening mass. I have this mass "La Doll." Select the appropriate silicone molds with patterns for making flowers, and stuff the mass inside tightly. Cut left-outs with a knife.

Remove the resulting element carefully and while it is wet and pliable to the bends, glue it in the intended place with PVA glue.

We have elements of a decor in the conceived order and we leave to dry for 5-6 hours. Better for a night.

Meanwhile, select a suitable printout with Easter motifs, made on office paper on a laser printer.

To make height difference between the picture and the lid minimal, thin the printout with tape. Put the printout picture down on a mat for scrapbooking. Glue strips of tape on it, so that they are overlapped with each other.

Then gently pry the tape from the upper left corner and pull to the right and down. The extra layer of paper breaks down neatly over the entire surface of the printout.

Soak the printout for 1 minute in water, then put the picture down on the file. Blot excess water from the printout. Apply glue for decoupage (I have Art Potch) on the lid and the picture. Glue the printout on the lid of the box, smoothing it through the file with a plastic card.

Dry the pasted printout for half an hour, or for 5 minutes under the cold air of the hair dryer. Smooth extra paper with sandpaper with a large grain (I have number 120).

Cover the printout with two layers of mat acrylic water varnish (I have 3V3).

Mix blue with white paints to get a similar shade, as on the printout.

Paint the sidewall and the inside of the lid, as well as the upper part of the base of the box (above the relief) and the inside of the bottom of the box in a light blue color. Dry. Apply two layers of mat varnish. Dry.

Using white, cobalt blue, turquoise acrylic paints, mix the color as close as possible to the color of the testicles on the printout. Paint them in two layers of the sidewall of the box, starting from the overhead elements, relief and bottom of the box.

Dry the paint. After that, with a very thin brush paint over the entire thickness of the relief. If you painted the light part, then use the same thin brush to correct the light places with light blue paint.

After that, cover all painted parts with varnish in 2 layers with intermediate drying.

In order to highlight the relief, use bitumen. Apply bitumen on the terrain and overlays, after which wipe them off with nonwoven cloth, coated with furniture wax (I have Libero).

Leave the bitumen to dry for 24 hours. I have decided to add sprayed decor to the lid of the box. It is very suitable for such works, where eggs are used on the printout. To do this, reach density of cream for 3 colors: white, umber burnt and mixed previously blue, the one that we used to paint the bottom of the box.

Type the paint on the toothbrush and bend the hairs with a finger, thus creating a spray. So do with white, brown and blue colors. Dry spray. Cover the lid with 1 layer of varnish.

After drying bitumen, allocate the reliefs with white paint by a method of a dry brush - dip a brush in paint, wipe it with a napkin and shade reliefs, carrying out a brush in different directions.

To create a beautiful composition for photography, and maybe a surprise inside the box, take the most beautiful quail eggs, pierce them with a needle from two opposite sides and suck the contents: protein and yolk. Paint the eggs with alcohol stain, diluted with alcohol 1:1. Weave the twine nest. Put the eggs in the nest, and the nest in the box.

Admire the result!