Creating Handmade Cardboard Pots

In this video I will show you how to make a pot in the form of a box on moving wheels.

This item can be used not only for flowers, but also for sweets, salt shakers, pencils and similar things.

In my work I used different types of paper: cardboard, paper towels, newspapers and wooden skewers.

Imitation of studs I made of cardboard. Circles of such a small diameter can be cut with a hole punch.

I tell about detail sizes in the video, but to follow the accuracy to millimeters is not necessary. Cut them as you think it fits. To make it look more realistic, I did not try to make the details even. Cross "boards" are different in height.

By the way, thick cardboard is easier to cut with a stationery scalpel, not scissors.

I applied putty on top for strength and texture.

I painted with acrylic paint.

Here I have shown 2 options.
White, where the contours are highlighted in gray.

Also in brown, where I powdered it with white.
I have chosen dark color because the pattern, resembling texture of wood (boards), was invisible on white.

While working with such products, I continue to work almost immediately. If layers with putty and paint dry, the cardboard inside remains wet. So, do not rush to assess the strength of this product. Let it dry until the end (at least a week). Then no one will guess that you have made it of cardboard :)

Good luck!