Creating Hyacinth of Polymer Clay

Today I will share with you an unusual tutorial on how to make miniature hadnmade hyacinths of polymer clay. The singularity of it is that I have never done hyacinths before, and in general, this tutorial was not planned. I just liked the colors that came out in the process, and I wanted to share them with you. On the other hand, everyone will be able to repeat my tutorial for sure!

1. Roll out thin canes of polymer clay of the desired color, bake and cut into small pieces. You can make the color transition from the primary color to a salad one for flowers to have smooth transition. Try to cut so that the pieces are more or less round, oblong look worse.

2. Take a piece of wire of desired length, form at one end of the droplet of clay of the main color, give a little cool, dip in glue and then roll in the colored scraps that you have obtained in the previous step.

Initially, I planned to stop at this step. I need hyacinths for a new job soon as color patches, rather than full items. But in comparison with the made tulips in the basket, such hyacinths would look more like imperfections. So I decided to make them real flowers. If you are satisfied with this option, you are lucky, you will have to suffer less :)

3. Flowers are the easiest to make on glass - so they will not have your prints, and will look smoother. Unfortunately, I cannot work with gloves or fingertips, as many skilled workers do. Again, roll out the colored canes and cut from them 6 identical balls. Put them on the glass in the shape of a flower, slightly press the middle with the dots, and stetch the edges of the petals outward. Tint the ready flower with dry pastel, cut off the glass with a blade or razor and stick to the workpiece. At the bottom of the photo you can see all the stages of flower formation. Compare beautiful hyacinth with flowers on the left and with the workpiece on the right.

4. To sculpt the leaves, make a color stretch from green to yellow, roll it to the desired thickness and cut into triangles. You can, of course, cut each leaf separately in shape, but my way is much easier and faster. The corners of the triangle are cut, so that the new shape becomes like a sheet. The dots give piece a rounded shape, and a needle formed by the strips. Cut off ready leaf from the glass with a razor and glue to the stem of hyacinth. You can additionally tint the leaves with dry pastel.

5. For dark stem not to stand out, paint it with acrylic paint of the desired color. Our stunning miniature hyacinth made of polymer clay is ready!