Decorating Glass Bottle

Today I want to present you a tutorial on the decor of a wine bottle with volume relief. I will tell you how to decorate a bottle with putty and self-hardening mass. I am not a pioneer to make such a bottle, I will just tell how I have made it.

You will need the following materials:

• glass bottle;
  • primer "Otex";
  • putty "VGT";
  • self-hardening mass "Jovi";
  • molds;
  • brown acrylic paint;
  • burnt Siena;
  • natural umber;
  • acrylic lacquer in can;
  • sandpaper 80-120.

The main stages of work: Take a bottle of a suitable shape, degrease it with any detergent or vodka, let dry. Cover the surface of the bottle with glass primer "Otex" and let dry overnight.

Next, take putty, add brown paint in it, mix well and apply it with palette knife on the bottle. Let dry overnight.

Stick twine randomly with PVA glue to create an image of vine. From self-hardening mass, make leaves with the help of molds. Next, glue them to the rope (vine) with PVA glue or liquid putty (putty mixed with water). Then, make grapes of different sizes and also glue (imitate grapes). Let all the decor dry well (can be left overnight).

Dilute the putty with water to the state of sour cream and fill with it all the irregularities under the leaves and grapes to create a monolithic surface. Dry well for 2-3 hours. Smooth the bottle with sandpaper to make it look tatty (imitation of vine).

Apply varnish from can. Dry well. Proceed to painting. Take black paint or umber (depending on the color that you have chosen), and paint grapes and leaves with sponge, cover with acrylic lacquer from the spray, dry.

Next, using a dry brush, highlight relief space on the bottle, grapes, leaves. Here you can use ivory or gray. Dry well and cover with varnish-spray.

Next, using a dry brush just highlight the relief, using black or umber. The more shades you have on the relief, the richer and more interesting the surface looks. Then once again, cover the bottle with varnish, paint protruding details (leaves, bunch of grapes) with silver wax. I have several versions of the bottle in this technique and they always turn out different, depending on the color combination and idea.

I hope my tutorial will be useful, and you will be able to make a bottle for yourself, or as a gift.