Glass Fairy-Tale: Positive Emotions and Inspiration

Creative people need positivity, inspiration and beauty. The beauty of nature, tranquility, kindness and unique works of other artists— it all helps to create beauty.

To find inspiration, I want to introduce you the works by Dale Patrick Chihuly, an artist and glassblower. This is an American glass artist, famous for his complex installations of glass in the environment style.

The works of this artist fascinate me. I can look at one photo for a very long time, dive into microscopic details, follow the changes in color and shape, literally "merge" with the glass.

Dale Patrick Chihuly was born on September 20, 1941 in Tacoma. In 1959, Chihuly entered Puget Sound College and a year later transferred to the University of Washington in Seattle, where in 1965 he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in interior design. At the University, Dale decided to weave glass. He created a collection of glass planar objects, similar to thread weaving, which he called "Woven Glass". For this work, he receives the Seattle Weaving Guild Award. In 1965, Dale successfully graduated the University. Then he got a job. In his spare time in the basement of his house, the artist blows out his first glass ball and realizes that this is his vocation.

You don`t need any more words. His work requires no description.