Sewing Paola Reina Boots

PAOLA REINA BOOTS

ATTENTION!

This is a free tutorial. If you want to share it, please do not copy it, do not replicate it on the Internet, just give a link.

You can sell your work made by my tutorial, or sew it to sell.

Also, I would be pleased if you mention me as the author in your articles.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

Please read the entire tutorial from beginning to the end before starting. Perhaps, this will help you to avoid some mistakes, as well as to understand what materials and tools you will need.

I sew the parts on the sewing machine, set the stitch size of 1.8-2 mm, but you can sew by hand in small stitches.

MATERIALS AND TOOLS:

• Fabric for the top (suitable for thin corduroy or upholstery, such as velour).
  • Lining fabric (cotton).
  • Buttons for fastening.
  • Scissors.
  • Pinking shears.
  • Threads matching the fabric, needles.
  • Pencil.
  • Ruler.

1. Print out a sheet with patterns. When printing, check the box "borderless" after comparing the control line with the present in both directions to avoid distortion of proportions. (note: "задник" - heel, "мысок" - toe, "подошва" - sole, "перед" - vamp)

2. Transfer the pattern to the fabric top. Remember that the details of the soles need to be cut out mirrorlike for the right and left boot.

3. Place top parts on the lining fabric face to face.

4. Stitch the detail around, leaving a hole for turning out. Remember about tack at the beginning and at the end of each line.

5. Cut out details with pinking shears if any. Leave 0.5 cm outsize. Cut off the corners close to the seam, cut the outsizes to half of all the folded joints.

6. Turn out all the details and iron them.

7. Sew all the holes for turning out with a hidden seam.

8. Join vamp and toe with fronts to each other, matching a curved line, and, at first, sew with a hidden seam all the details of lining.

9. Turn over and sew with a hidden seam details of the front fabric. Tighten the thread properly, it should be invisible on the finished boots.

10. Sew the heel from top to bottom. For the left boot on the right side, and for the right — on the left. These will be the inside of the boots. Sew with a hidden seam all the details of lining.

11. Turn over and sew with a hidden seam details of the front fabric.

12. The second part of the heel is sewn only to the detail of the toe. Also lining first…

13. ... and then the front fabric.

14. Sew the soles. Connect the parts so that the inner part of the sole (with a hole for sewing) was on the side of the boot, where the heel is sewn from top to bottom. Firstly, sew lining with a hidden seam. You can put a boot on the doll's leg.

15. Then sew the front fabric details with a hidden seam.

16. The only thing left is to sew on buttons and make loops for hanging.

17.Boots are ready! You can glue the soles to them, but I like it that way.

18. Another option of boots. There is no clasp and they are not for winter.

I wish you success in your work!