Knitting Fans Forever

As a person passionate about knitting, I thought what is knitting, where does this kind of craft come from? That's what I read on the Internet. Knitting is the production of knitted fabrics or finished products from continuous threads by bending them into stitches that intertwine with each other. Who and when invented knitting? Who made a stitch first? How? I was just fascinated by it, who is the founder of knitting? And so, digging up all sorts of sources, I read that knitting originated long before our era, that already in Egypt in one of the tombs, children's knitted shoes were found and archaeologists have established that it is more than four thousand years old... Wow! What can we say about our time when modern technologies are so developed. Now here's are the needles, your hook, yarn and please, do it, do and create. Looking at the masterpieces that are knitted by human hands, I realized that both men and women knit. By the way, knitting was a male craft at first, and men fought with females with all sorts of special contracts. Back in 1612, Prague hosiery workers said that under the threat of monetary penalties they would not employ any woman! Only later, when knitting was widely spread, they began to engage women. And still men have not lost interest in knitting. In 1946, a man won the Crochet Competition, and the prize — a Gold Crochet Hook — was personally awarded by Estee Lauder.

In our time, people even arrange flash mobs of knitting. It may seem to be nothing special... people are knitting. What's the big deal? Let them knit... Just look what they're doing.

Isn`t it a miracle, isn`t it art? Everybody knits... I probably won't be able to name a thing that wasn`t knitted. Knitting has become fashionable in the truest sense of the word. Knit hats, panties, shorts, dresses, sweaters, T-shirts, coats and so on, that is, all the clothes, in fact...

Men and women knit, even celebrities are not left behind. Alexander Baluyev, a Russian actor, mastered the technique of knitting as well. However, he had to learn it for a role in "The Best Movie-3D", where he plays, inseparable with yarn for knitting and spokes, leader of a gang. But he liked it so much that he promised not to stop there.

One more acress Ekaterina Vilkova is fond of knitting, she is pleased to see how out of the usual yarn she gets a jacket or sweater.

Anna Ardova pampers family with knitted gifts. Elena Proklova is always happy to knit in the evenings and proudly wears her own handmade clothes. Many foreign movie stars who are not indifferent to knitting and do not mind to pass the time with spokes in their hands.