Decorating Bottle with Leather Leftouts

My tutorial is for those who work with leather and not only. I make jewellery of leather. There are many leftouts. I want to tell you how I get rid of them.

Here are the leftouts.

I have decided to decorate a bottle this time. I have chosen brown leftouts of different shades.

For work, you will need:

And, of course, the bottle itself, a simple shape without a pattern. Firstly, try on the pieces, pick up the color and thickness, glue the leftouts, without applying on each other. Leftouts of irregular shape and gaps between them are inevitable, but try to avoid it.

Next, close all the gaps, using the smallest pieces. I use even thin laces.

When the bottle is completely covered with leather. Glue leftouts to the bottom. You will get something like that.

Decorate the cork. A circle of leather 2-5 cm larger than the diameter of the tube, cut with zigzag scissors. Taping the cork. Tie the shoelace.

Cover a completed bottle with white glue, diluted to a milk condition. This will give strength.

The work is completed, you can continue decorating. Choose decor from left elements from previous works, select by colour: the flowers, stocky, laces, circles. I make up the decor and glue it on the bottle.

The finished work is always covered with acrylic lacquer for decoupage, also diluted.

In the photo there is a flower pot, I have varnished it twice, it is several years old, it is not afraid of moisture. Besides, paint leaves beautiful gloss.