Making a Pendant with Clouds

Today I would like to share my experience in the Japanese technique of creating clouds in resin pendants. In this tutorial, I will talk about the steps leading to the best, in my opinion, result.

So, to create such clouds the Japanese use a white a nag. It is very soft and when stretching, gives the clouds we need. I bought it on Amazon, but my audience told me that we also have such nags, but no one found white. But I wrote that in a similar way behaves a super soft clay, but I haven`t tried it yet.

I'm going to combine epoxy and UV-resin because I think that epoxy is safer, but the UV gives more options for decor due to fast drying.

I put the pendant circuit on the file and poured a thin layer of epoxy into it. When it gets frozen, you can tear off the file and it turns out that we have a form with a transparent bottom.

Next, stretch the nag on the table (it falls off the surface easily). You need to stretch the tape as wide as possible and, applying them to the table, let go.

Then pour into the pendant a little UV resin and distribute it evenly over the surface. If you've never worked with UV resin before, you may wonder why I originally made the bottom out of epoxy rather than UV resin. The answer is very simple - UV resin is very hot when curing from UV light, so the file under it doesn`t curl up. If you do not work on the file, and on a silicone mat, for example, it is likely that this bottom of the UV resin will be very easy to move away from the workpiece due to the fact that the UV resin is slightly compressed and becomes slightly smaller in size.

And then neatly lay out the pieces of clouds. They are very delicate and fragile, they are easy to mash, so you need to work carefully.

In this case, the UV-resin begins to thicken from sunlight, so if you work during the day, close the workpiece from the light with something.

Then this layer is sent to dry in the lamp.

Fill in a new thin layer of resin, spread clouds and dry, again a layer of resin, clouds, dry. And so far I will not be satisfied with the result.

After, I knead the epoxy resin and cover the front part of the pendant.

When this layer is dry, I knead the resin again and paint it blue, then cover the back of the pendant.

Ready!