New Bosch: Worlds of German Artist Michael Hutter
  • Category: Ideas & Inspiration
  • Practices: Painting

They call him a new Bosch. This is the first association that arises when you look at his paintings with many people and creepy creatures in the most shocking situations and poses. Contrasting and somewhat acidic, the red-green spectrum attracts attention, and many details make the audience look at the canvases forever.

Michael Hutter paints on the verge of imagination, fiction and surrealism. Wide panoramas of his paintings take place in a foggy area, from which there are visions and stories that are not specific to any of these areas. Hutter himself admits that his works are allusions to the works of Brueghel or Bosch.

Michael Hutter is German artist. He was born in 1963. He draws paintings in the style of surrealism, which creates a magical and strange world, inspired by literature and paintings of the middle ages. Since 1986, he has exhibited his works in art galleries around the world.

The artist himself says about his approach: "To paint these pictures, I have developed several methods that consist of my ability to deal with literature, art, music, philosophy, science, religion and pseudoscience, away from the dominant cultural trends. I don't care for reality or the possibility that something is true and something isn't, all that matters to me is what stimulates my thought. In my opinion, the truth is still an illusion. I mix them with my obsession, passions, desires and fears and the suppression of what is happening in the abyss of my soul."

Enough of talking! Look, admire, get horrified or disgusted. It is all up to you.

Triptych "Triumph of the Flesh"

Parts of the triptych separately:

Other paintings I couldn't find names for. But I don't think it matters. Everyone will have their own associations.

I want to call this one "The Piper of Hamelin" :)

A number of works seems to reflect the idea of cargoculte:

And cities... Ancient, medieval, living, in decay...

And some horror movies:

If you are not sick yet - you are a strong person! Find more pictures on the Internet and continue to enjoy.

And who has had enough, finally a self-portrait and a photo of the author.