Luneville Embroidery Brooches ''Voyage Dans le Temps'' by May Lilyq

Here are the unique brooches made of natural stones and gears of antique watches made by a Japanese master May Lilyq. The collection was named "Voyage dans le temps" ("Time Travel"). In an interesting way, the master combined gears and other parts of mechanical watches, microbe and beads of rounded and faceted forms, natural stones of quartz, onyx, citrine, labradorite, rutile, lapis lazuli, natural and artificial pearls, Swarovski crystals in her products. The chaotic arrangement of elements and strict geometry of lines convey and emphasize the style and beauty of natural and artificial principles.

May Lilyq writes: "The movement of dismantled antique clocks and man-made items, such as machinery parts, against natural stone.

When you open the lid of an ancient clock and see the movement of mechanisms, the assembly is beautiful in its accuracy, I endlessly admire the wisdom and technology of people of the distant past. On the other hand, if you look deep into the natural stone, you will see subtle flow lines, gradients, light and different colors created by nature. They have beauty that can be seen all the time.

Quartz watches were created, using constant vibrations of the crystal, when applying voltage. I think there's something in common between mechanisms and minerals. My embroidery is a mechanical and natural respect to both of them."

Brooches embroidery was performed on silk organza with a Luneville hook. Admire the brooches!