Making a Packing Box with Shaker

I would like to share my own way to make a package box. It is not very expensive and is quite simple to make.

To make the box, you`ll need:

- 3 sheets of watercolor paper, A3, 200 gr/m;

- 1 file (60 µm);

- sequins of different colors and shapes;

- 1 sheet of cardboard, A4 size;

- 6 sheets of scrapbooking, different drawings, you can use children's decorative cardboard (but you will have to match it);

- satin ribbon;

- glue, knife, paper cutting mat, ruler.

The picture shows the dimensions of the box based on the A3 — 29.5 cm by 42 cm. In this box, I can place a bear of 29 cm. Dotted lines are the places to fold.

The base of the box is made of watercolor paper, 200g/m thick. It may seem thick. But trust me, the box will be thick enough in the end!

(notes: дно = bottom, боковина = side, крышка = lid)

So, let's go!

Fold the 1st sheet, as shown in the picture, it will be the bottom of the box.

Now it is necessary to cut the 2nd sheet exactly in the middle (14.7 cm), bend, retreating from the edge — 2.7 cm, and make cuts, as shown in the photo.

Glue the sides.

And now, the bear is ready to try the box, but this is only the basis. Let's put it aside, let the glue dry...

... and let's make the lid, it should be 0.5 cm larger to match easily.

Once you have glued, try on to cover, the lid matches easily.

It is time to make a fancy shaker, on the lid of the box, cut out a frame of watercolor and scrap paper, 2.5 cm wide, and a file, it should be 1 cm wider than the cut out window. Oh, I have almost forgot — the file must be dual in order to fill it with decoration, glue it to the edge of the sheet of watercolour paper, let the glue dry.

Then, sew on the sewing machine, along the edge, retreating 0.2 mm and make the seam as large as possible. I made the seam black on purpose to see it better. On one side, leave a small hole to fill the file with sequins, sew up the hole.

Glue the frame of decorative paper so that the file is inside - between watercolor and decorative paper.

The cover is ready, it took me 30 minutes! The sequins flow beautifully, really elegant :)

Go back to the box itself, to start with the bottom, here it will be necessary to paste cardboard, for strength, you can use any, starting from the corrugation and ending with the binding.

Make marks on the back of the bottom where you will make holes for the ribbon (this is for the bear not to run away)

I pull the tape through and glue it.

I decorate the inside of the box with scrap paper. The sides get rather thick because of scrap paper.

Then, before gluing the decorative bottom, I glue a narrow, satin ribbon to tie the box, retreating 2.5 cm from the edge.

That's all — two hours, the box is ready, you can hit the road!

This way you can make boxes of different sizes!

And at the end - a video about elegant boxes for bears!