Creating a Patchwork Panel ''Quiet Morning''

Girls, how about a handmade gift on March 8? I would like to pay your attention to a panel "Quiet morning"!

Approximate size of the panel is 60x60 cm.

Pattern (with 0.5 cm outsize on each side of the part):

• 14,5x40 cm — 1 part;
  • 26,5x40 cm — 1 part;
  • 4x4 cm — 56 parts;
  • 8x46 cm — 2 parts;
  • 8x60 cm — 2 parts;
  • 63x63 cm (for the back side) — 1 part;
  • 61x61 cm (filler, eg. climax, sintepon 100/150) — 1 part;
  • 4х350 cm (stacked lanes for kant) — 1 part;
  • about 12х55 cm (drawstring, the same fabric as for the back side) — 1 part.

As for applications of a vase and flowers, I do not give a pattern, because I suggest drawing a container and a bouquet yourself. At first I was going to make 5 large flowers in a jug, but everything turned out differently. So, let your imagination flow :)

The panel itself is simple. For clarity, here is a diagram of the assembly.

Firstly, collect the patchwork top completely.

After assembling the patchwork top, place a vase of flowers in the center. Draw the vase on paper and cut it out, transfer the pattern on the stencil made to the fabric, and also cut out. Do the same with flowers and leaves.

Bending and edge processing of applications are not necessary, you`ll do it on the machine. Do not forget to fix the bouquet with glue, quite a bit, so that in the process everything remains in place.

Sandwich Assembly

Spread the fabric on the floor front side down. Fasten it with masking tape. Then, spread out the filler and put on top of the patchwork top.

IMPORTANT! Please note that the fabric for the back of any patchwork product is taken with 2-3 cm outsize, and the filler is 1-1.5 cm outsize on each side!

Straightening from the center to the edges, pin the layers. Go to the sewing machine.

Outline all of applications around the edge on the free course (teeth of the machine are removed, use the quilting foot) . If you have no quilting skills, I offer to embroider the edges, using a special seam (sorry, don't know the name). Or go straight line on a SLOW move along the edge of each application (it is better to use a walking foot).

I prefer not to overdo stitches, so as not to cover the panel. It is up to you to sew the panel with straight or artistic lines. Stitch is not only beauty, but also guarantee that the filler will be in place, and will not move down products.

With a ruler for patchwork it is very convenient and easy to draw diagonal lines!

Edging and drawstring

Sewing the edge, do not forget about a drawstring in the upper part of the picture, so the kant is the last to sew, along with a drawstring.

Fold a drawstring fabric (I folded it twice), pre-process side sections, and fix (before sewing the kant!) at the top of the panel, so that the edge of the drawstring coincides with the edge of the back. The excess will cut off after edging.

Looking ahead: sew the bottom drawstring with a hidden seam.

Prepare the edge: cut out a strip 4 cm wide of sufficient length (count the quilt perimeter, i.e. put together 4 sides of the product). Do not forget that some of the edging strip will go to the joining of the strips together and the formation of corners. Place the bottom strip "face" up and on it place one more strip "face" down. Sew diagonally and iron the seam.

Start sewing the edge from the middle of any of the parties. Leave about 15-20 cm of the edge unsewn! You'll need it at the end. Be sure to use a walking conveyor foot, the sewing speed for this foot is below average! Ready edging sew to the front side of the blanket at a distance of about 0.7 cm (7 mm) from the edge of the panel.

To make the angle formed easily, make the bend at an angle of 45 degrees, as shown in the photo, and hold the nail at the bend site to see at what point to stop the needle and wrap diagonally to the edge of the product. Please note that the edge is like a continuation of the panel!

A short diagonal line will serve as a guide to form an angle. When this line is ready, cut off the thread and form an angle. To do this, take the edge to the right, so that it is a continuation of the panel, and then bend it to the left, so that the edge matches the edge of the panel. When all is ready, sew edging from the edge of the product.

Just as we left part of the edge unsewn at the beginning, so we do with the second end of it, after making a tack.

Adjusting the ends of the edge.

Align the left end of the edge, put the right end of the edge on top of it. Bands don't need to be pulled or relaxed, but you are to connect the ends for them to fit the panel.

Mark the place where 2 ends of the edge meet (you may press it with a nail at an angle of 45 degrees, I drew a line so you can see it). Attention! The upper edge of the fold coincides with the upper corner of the lower fold of the edge. When the place of stitching is noted, the connected ends of the edge are sewn diagonally, the excess strip is cut off. Align the stitched edging on the edge of the panel and sew.

Cut off extra back and filler.

Fold the edging on the inside of the blanket and sew it with a hidden seam by hand. How to make the corner is shown below:

The panel is ready!