For Heavenly Nymphs and Sea Goddesses. Natural Perfume by ''For Strange Women''

Fragrances that create new worlds, unlimited, putting the boundary between fantasy and reality questionable.

"For Strange Women" is a small craft perfume workshop in Missouri, USA, founded in 2008 by a young fragrance artist Jill. Its aromas are exceptionally natural composition, and the components used are minimally processed, and because her creations are original, riddled with cryptic symbols and are fantastic and mysterious. According to the woman herself, each new fragrance is like a separate story and an attempt to find an answer to the question "What does it mean to be alive?"

Jill has mastered the art of perfumery on her own, and she is trying to improve her skills every day, reading all possible literature about perfumery, which she can find. In her opinion, a huge role in perfume composition is not a key element - the main note of the fragrance, and details - complementary notes that emphasize the main note. They allow you to create a complete image, make a non-standard sound that will be remembered.

"In my perfumery work I was able to combine everything I love".

Remembering her first work, Jill talks about how important the depth with which you are immersed in the process and how you are ready to immerse into your favorite business:
"I could never do something one specific, I was attracted to perfumery, esotericism, yoga, dance, photography, art. In my perfumery work, I was able to combine everything I love and don't limit myself. Also, I do not want to limit the people who are happy to use the perfume created by me", says the perfumer.

"Perfume is a ritual of connecting with nature through self-knowledge."

Jill says that the essence of perfume "For Strange Women" is that perfume — it's not cosmetics to decorate ourselves, or disguise excess odors. Applying perfume to the skin is a ritual of connection with nature, self-knowledge, and a personal sensory signature of your body.

"For Strange Women" creates natural elixirs, which work at a deeper level than just a story about the perfume owner. These fragrances will work with your emotions and associations, evoking memories of natural landscapes, objects and events that exist in the depths of your subconscious.

Maybe that's why everyone sees the same FSW aromas as their own fantasy story.

"Lunar cycles, the stars, the beauty of nature".

"I find inspiration in everything. I have always been fascinated by learning something new that I can comprehend the individual meaning of. Developed imagination and some dark side of my soul help me to create my own works. I am inspired by the lunar cycles, the stars and the beauty of nature," says the founder of the brand.

The biggest challenge for creativity, according to Jill, is uncertainty: "I always wondered how good the result would be to stop the work. Sometimes I take an old and proven recipe that is loved and bought, and begin to make more variations, because for me there is no end result ever. I've learned to trust my inner voice, and that's probably the most valuable lesson I've learned."

"The right packaging is very important".

Jill is not afraid to experiment, not only with the ingredients, but also with the design and supply of finished products.

"When I decided to open a workshop in the format of a shop, it was a small batch of perfumes on an oil basis, the range was gradually replenished and today there are also soy candles, extracts, lip balms and solid perfumes in the product line. We cooperate with other craft shops that help us with the design and try to choose an individual package for each new fragrance or a particular type of perfume. I love to use glass and copper pendants for FSW perfume. Pendants and medallions have already become part of our corporate identity. Each batch of magic bottles on the chain is made by hand and has a limited number, which no doubt adds the status to each purchase in "For Strange Women", says Jill.

"One day, a dream becomes an urgent necessity".

In addition to the online store, Jill has her own perfume studio in Missouri, where everyone can come and watch the work, smell the perfume, communicate with the master, get advice, attend a tutorial, and most importantly, get aesthetic and olfactory pleasure, which permeates the studio.

"Opening a studio was a part of my long-standing dream. I bought furniture and interior decor details, dreaming about how to place them in my studio, long before its opening, but one day the idea of a dream turned into an urgent need, as I had assistants, my angels "Strange women", and we needed space for joint creativity," recalls perfumer.

Today Jill and three her assistantsin work in the studio. Ash, Tara, Ruby.

"Trust your inner voice".

When asked about creative plans and dreams, Jill says sincerely, "I love my home, my garden, my studio, and my family. I want nothing more than to be with my family and my art. I want to improve my work every day."

For amateur perfumers, FSW owner advises to trust yourself and your inner voice: "Everyone has a unique view of the world, and if you have not found yours, just ask yourself what you are looking for and do not find anywhere else? And create it yourself. If you want to become a professional, first listen to yourself and make sure you have something to say to the world."