Movies and Сostumes: Cinderella. Part 1. Wicked Stepmother

What can a wicked stepmother of a Disney version be? Of course, a stylish lady with a perfect figure and manners. Only her coarse laughter betrays her ignoble blood :)

Let's take a look at the outfits that Cate Blanchett wore in this film.

Firstly, the colors catch the eye. From emerald to bright green.

In psychology, green is the color of peace, tranquility and it is preferred by sociable and friendly people. In my practice, green is most often used to create dresses for elves. Because the first association with it is forest, greenery, freshness and youth.

The main thing here is in shades. In the case of Cinderella's stepmother these are silhouettes. "Dior" elegance (the last two photos are models from Dior of 1953 and 1959. So you understand what I mean...) and sometimes very rich colors, and then there is no cute elvishness, only snake venom! :)

Stepmother is "beautiful and terrible", and it is emphasized by sharp forms of jewelry, large prints and even leopard "coloring" of a house dressing gown.

In general, the designer work on the costume is excellent, I think.

But the question arises — why are daughters dressed so tacky? No, from the point of view of maintaining the character — of course! But still! If you remember the cases of life, in a family with a strong and powerful mother daughters are often her little copies. Am I wrong?

Sandy Powell, a costume designer, was nominated for an Oscar for her work in the film.