Imitating Embroidery in Dot Painting Technique

For those who do not know how to embroider, but really wants to please their mothers and grandmothers with a wonderful handmade gift for spring holidays, I offer a very simple thing! We will embroider... paint on glass! Or rather, create an imitation of it with the help of dot painting.

You will need:

• embroidery scheme;
  • frame with glass (15*15 cm);
  • acrylic contours;
  • color paper;
  • scissors, pencil, ruler;
  • double-sided tape or glue.

For my tutorial, I have chosen a simple scheme for embroidery from a magazine. To choose the color scheme, I made a small cheat sheet.

It is better to select colors in such a way that they more or less match the scheme, as well as contrast with each other.

Here are the matching colors I got based on the scheme for embroidery and acrylic contours that were available (lemon Decola for light-yellow, yellow Decola for yellow, orange Decola for dark-orange, pink Decola for light-pink, pink pearl Decola for pink, red Decola for dark-pink, mint Decola for bright green, green Decola for green, blue Tair Decola for light-blue and bright-blue, dark-blue Tair Decola for dark-blue, white Decola for white):

So, before starting work, degrease the glass with a glass cleaner. Fix it with strips of tape on the scheme.

Start with pansies. For them I have prepared pink, pink pearl and red contours of Decola.

Carefully, close to each other, apply dots.

Proceed to Mimosa. We will depict yellow fluffy balls using lemon, yellow and orange contours Decola.

For the leaves I did not find a bright-green contour. But it was successfully replaced by mint!

The mint shade contrasts very well with the green outline.

Instead of blue and dark-blue colors, as stated in the scheme of embroidery, I used light-blue Tair. In my opinion, it turned out well! :)

Add white "beads" with a white outline on the glass Decola.

Complete "embroidering" painting with dark-blue outline Tair. All as indicated in my color cheat sheet.

"Embroidery" is almost ready. We will be engaged in making a panel.

Cut out a square of white paper under the "embroidery". The blue square a little more. Fix them with double-sided tape (you can glue). It will be a kind of "Passepartout".

Collect panels in the frame, putting under the glass of the substrate of paper. Last thing: prepare a "Mat" dot-painted white outline.

It is ready!

Each dot looks like a bead! Amazing!

To make "pseudoembroidery" is very exciting! You can find various schemes in magazines, on the Internet!

Personally, I will not stop! :)

All this-painting on glass! It looks like beads, doesn't it?