Sewing Patchwork Warming Pad with Cherry Seeds

I want to share the process of sewing a warming pad with cherry seeds.

I use the following materials and tools:

• cotton:
  • decorative cotton braid:
  • padding polyester:
  • sewing and embroidery threads:
  • needles, scissors, cloth cutting knife:
  • mat for cutting:
  • rulers, pencil:
  • tools for turning out small parts (a sushi stick, for example):
  • iron;
  • cherry seeds;
  • sewing machine.

Step 1:

One of the most important stages is the choice of fabric. The first thing I choose is colors. Which one for the body, another for the face, ears, legs and tail. I choose matching shades.
Step 2 :

From the tissues that will be on the front side of the body, I cut strips. In this case, I cut 20 strips of 2 cm wide and 17 cm long. My fabric repeats, you can do as you wish. The width and number of stripes may vary.

Sew the stripes on the sewing machine. The outsize is 5 mm.

Iron the stitches. You get a patchwork blank.

To close the inside, I cut the part of the workpiece size.

I put them together with the back side inside and lay a finish line. Tip: if the parts are displaced, you can chop them with pins or sew a sheer stocking.

Put ir aside.

Step 3:

Sew the back. Cut out two rectangle roughly 15 cm wide and 17 cm long. Iron the outsizes 2 times by 2 cm.

Sew a velcro in the middle of the straightened outsize to hide the machine stitching.

Only after I have sewed the velcro, I lay the line along the outsixe. And sew from ends.

I apply a pattern of the body on the front and back, I contour and cut out. I cut out the back a little bigger, 2 mm, to place bag with cherry seeds freely inside.

Step 4:

Sew the legs. Take two flaps. They will go on pants and sleeves, another on the legs and arms themselves.

You can take one piece, but I am used to split arms and legs. So, for panties I take a flap about 9 cm long, for legs 12 cm, about 12 cm wide. I have already cut everything out, the figures are approximate. Fold with fronts inside, sew across the width, iron the seam. I do the same with the arms. Only for the sleeves, I take the flap of 8 cm long, arms 10 cm, 12 cm wide as well.
In place of the seam, I sew decorative braid. You can select a contrasting thread. In this case, I decided to take the thread in tone, as the body is quite colorful.

I fold the blanks for the arms and legs in half in length. For the details to be smooth, I pin them along the seam.

Especially for beginners in sewing, I have made a pattern for the legs and arms. I myself draw on the wrong side of the line. Legs: the seam is up to 7.5 cm, 10 cm down. Arms: 6 cm up from the seam, 8 cm down. The arms and legs are 1.5 cm wide.

I sew on the lines.The cut is open.

Cut out. Cut off the corners.

Turn out from the open seam.

Tip: you can make arms and legs a bit wider, as beginners will find it difficult to turn out small detail. But, as you can see, everything is possible if you try a little :)

I turn it out with a sushi stick and stacks for modeling. In general, use what is at hand.

Turn out. Iron. Tie knots at the ends of the arms and legs. Ready!

Step 4:

Tail. It's simple. Fold the fabric in half, transfer the pattern, sew, cut, turn out, iron, fill with padding polyester and put aside :)

Step 5:

Face. Follow the same scheme. Fold the fabric with front sides inside. I took a different fabric for the front and back sides. Transfer the pattern.

Sew, cut, turn out, iron and fill with padding polyester.

Step 6:

I sew all the parts to the body. Note that it is necessary to sew inside.

After I fold the front and the back front sides inside, and sew around the perimeter. Sew the cut with zigzag.

Turn out. Iron.

Step 7:

Final one. Sew ears in the same way as the tail with the face. Tip: before turning out, I sweep the outsize for the bend to be smooth. Cut off extra at the corner.

I sew it with a hidden seam to the head. Embroider the face. And I sew the collar by hand.

Step 8:

I make a bag for cherry seeds. Fold with the front side inside, outline the pattern, cut out, sew. Due to the outsize, the bag is smaller than the body, so that it can easily enter. I turn it out, iron it, fill it with cherry pits and sew it up with a hidden seam.

Place the bag inside the cat. Admire the cat!

In the same technique I sewed a fox and a mouse. You can change the flap top, the width of the bands and the direction.