The Main Flower Festival of the Year!

One of the most favorite holidays!
Sakura has not sloghed on Doi Inthanon mount yet, on the eve of the Chinese New Year, but Flower Festival in Chiang Mai has already started.

With a luxurious parade of floral compositions!
Huge movable figures with a parade drove several kilometers through the historic center of the city and stayed for a few days in the Central Park.

Lions, dragons.

Fantastic flower horses... Any idea of who's in the photo below?

Pink elephant,

and even planes with fluffy moss from the bottom,

all from flowers!

In previous publications, I promised to talk about this amazing spectacle.
With pleasure, I fulfill my promise!

Before February 2, the Central city Park is closed for a few days to be decorated with flowers.
Alive and not only.

A metal construction in which many flower pots are placed.
You get an entire wall of flowers!

Pink artificial flowers made of material like a thin camping mat, simply, "foam".

And these flowers were hanging too high for me to know what they were.
But you can see that there is a bulb in each flower.

Look how beautiful it is at night!

It's amazing what human imagination can do:
Here's a mug from car tires.
Its peculiar color we called "Thai pink".

There are birds inside the gazebo. The Park, already absolutely wonderful, turns into a real fairy tale during the festival .

Bamboo columns and stretched fabrics of all rainbow colors. I think, it's a brilliant idea!

Elephants, fully made from flowers.

While the Park is being decorated, the road along the old Kremlin is blocked for cars, and there are benches with folk crafts, flowers, seedlings, and, of course, food on the sidewalks .

You cannot do without it!

Wooden bracelets and hairpins.
The seller himself demonstrates how to make a beam on his head with the help of his studs.

Traditional Karen silver.
Original and very beautiful (we know a lot about it).

Dried fruits from different varieties of mango, strawberries, coconuts, cherry tomatoes and tamarind.

And the pride of the North is fresh mountain strawberries, stunningly sweet and fragrant.
Local girls are happy to smile at the photographer, it does not matter whether you buy something from them or not.

The fruit shop is full of flowers.
Tangerines. It does not matter that they are green, in fact, very sweet and fragrant.

A woman in a national Cape adorns the head of a mannequin.
By the way, the doll's skirt is completely made of flowers, and the necklace and handbag are made of silver.
We have noticed it at night, there will be a close-up in the second part of the story.

Ceramic pots and special flower pins — they need to stick into the ground next to the flower if it is not cute enough.

Forgive me, the girl in the photo, but, in my opinion, they are incredibly similar with this beautiful monkey.
Maybe, simply, she is the muse of the sculptor?
In Thailand, a very careful attitude to the national culture and traditions.
Very often you can find a family business, which involves everybofy: from elderly to the youngest members of the family.

Kids, while some rest in the hayloft,

others work selling ripe mangoes, avocados and their seedlings.

Also, there are jobs that are engaged in certain groups of the population.
For example, in any market you can meet a person in a wheelchair sells lottery tickets, as well as blind musicians and singers.

At the festival, we learned that there is a special school for blind and visually impaired children Chiang Mai.

They are taught Braille and are given such professions as masseur, singer, musician and other.

By the way, in Thailand, now is 2562, and it is the 43d Flower Festival in Chiang Mai.

Imagine, 43 times you need to figure out how to decorate the city, park and even cars that participate in the parade. Amazing holiday tractor, why not an idea for a wedding ceremony :) we still have a lot of pictures of the night park, so we will continue the story in a couple of days.