How to Make a Handmade Baba Yaga's Hut

Making a real Baba Yaga`s hut of is quite simple, you just have to be patient.

You will need:

• cardboard;
  • office paper A4;
  • egg trays for papier-mache;
  • PVA glue;
  • silicone glue or liquid nails, or superglue;
  • birch branches (or other tree) of different thickness;
  • aluminum, copper wire;
  • jute twine;
  • moss, sisal for finishing;
  • chips for door finishing;
  • wood stain;
  • acrylic paints: brown, green, Siena.

1. Firstly, cut out the cardboard layout for a hut. The dimensions of the walls are 19*20 cm. Cut out side parts together with the façade for the roof. The roof itself is 20*20 cm (2 parts). Next, cut the holes for windows and the door. Cut it out only on three sides, leave one side to open. Connect all the walls with a masking tape, inside and outside.

Note: you do not need to be careful, because it is an old rickety dilapidated hut.

2. Next, "twist the logs". I took A4 paper, cut it in halves and rolled tubes on a pencil, fastening them with paper tape. With the same tape, close the ends of the tubes. I have made about 100 of them.

3. Glue the "logs" to the walls of the hut, cutting to a suitable size around windows and doors. I used silicate glue for it — it's sticky, dries immediately and is transparent. Do not forget about the cross connection on the corners, as in a real hut. After gluing, apply PVA glue on the whole hut to strengthen the "logs".

4. While the logs are drying, let's get to the roof. To simulate roof tiles, I used beads for furniture (I just have a lot of them), but you can use ice cream sticks or sticks for sushi, or chips... Use your imagination and material at hand. I glued the beads with the same glue on on cardboard blanks.

5. Making the door. For this, glue chains of different lengths and widths on the cardboard door, choosing size and style. Glue the bars. There is no separate photo of the door, but it is clearly visible in the following photos.

6. Make a lot of papier-mache. To do this, tear egg trays into small pieces, pour boiling water, after softening the mass a little, squeeze and mix with PVA glue. I made it thick so I could seal the gaps between the logs.

7.Next, apply a lot of papier-mache on empty spaces, the joints of the walls, between the logs, on the roof. This will make a dilapidated hut.

8. After that, cover the whole hut with wood stain (I have a non-aqueous).

9. After drying, paint over with acrylic paint — I mixed brown, Siena and green, use rough brush to make the logs real, veins and texture of the tree.

10. Proceed to the legs. To do this, form chicken legs from aluminum wire, wrap them with copper wire (as it is more elastic) for strength.

11. Next, wrap the legs with twine, fixing it with a hot gun.

12. Make holes in the floor of the hut, insert the legs and fasten inside and outside with silicone glue, after drying it is very durable, firmly fix them in place.

13. At this stage, if desired, you can arrange the interior of the hut. I made cardboard stove, painted hearth, the boiler is made from a hardened plastic. I also covered the floor with matting and glued it all in the hut.

14. After that, fasten the roof to its place. Attach the hut to the stand with the same glue or liquid nails.

15. Made of thick branches, make a ridge on the roof. Decor the windows with thin twigs.

In the same way, decor the door.

16. Glue feathers to the base of the legs with hot glue as it's chicken legs :)

We make out the hut with moss, sisal, feathers, cones.
Accessories. I have a spider sitting at the entrance, an owl on the roof. I made it out of wool.

Here is such a turned out in the end hut on chicken legs!