Making Angel Wings

When I was creating a bear, I wanted something unusual, and St. Valentine's Day is soon (although I do not really welcome this holiday, but no one forbids sewing) and a thought came to my mind — why not an angel? I have already made a teddy bear with wings. It was an order and a bear-angel was as a Cupid and a special declaration of love, or rather a young man proposed to his girlfriend, but it's not about that today. I mean, I added the wings that lift us to heaven, and through which we can fly, even in dreams.

So, here is the tutorial on how to sew wings for a teddy bear.

At first, I start building a pattern. Make the wings, or the pattern.

To do this, you will need:

• squared paper (preferably);
  • scissors;
  • pencil.

Measure the bear and take a measure of width and height of the wings. I got 6*4.5 cm. On paper, draw a rectangle with these sides. We will draw only one half, the second one will be in the mirror image.

Divide the width into halves (3 cm) mark the point where the fold is: go 1 cm down from the top, 1.5 cm from bottom, that is 1/3 of half the width of the wing and 1/2 of half the width of the wing. I hope you're not lost in words. The resulting points will form the center of the wing. Then draw accurate lines that set the shape of the wing. I have heart-shaped. You can create your own form. In the photo, you may see where to put control points.

After the half of the wing is drawn, fold and cut out.

Materials and tools you will need to sew the wings:

• fabrics of two types (for example, fleece and the outside - cotton);
  • narrow silk ribbon;
  • threads;
  • lace;
  • filler;
  • needle;
  • scissors;
  • pencil;
  • stick to turn.

We transfer our pattern to the fabric. I transfer to one side only, the fleece.

Fold the fabric, front sides inside. Also, place a silk ribbon inside the fabric, so that the top formes a loop.

You can make notes with a pencil where the tape should be located and fix with the pins.

Take the thread matching the color fabric (I took the color of the outer fabric) and sew. In places where you have tape, sew so as to capture it.

Do not forget to leave a place for turning out.

Cut off th extra, except for the ribbon. Leave it in the form of a loop.

Turn out.

Fill the wings. The padding should be soft. Sew up the place that was left for turning out.

If desired, you may gather in the wings a little. To do this, make an outline and pull.

Fasten the thread and, without cutting, remove the needle to the outside to sew a bow.

Form a bow from lace.

Apply to the center of the wings and sew it with a few stitches.

You can decorate the middle of the bow. I have a heart.

In order for the wings to fasten at the bottom conveniently, I made little loops and slipped them through the ribbon.

The wings are ready and a bear is happy to wear them to feel like a little Cupid.