Embroidery Tutorial «Fox Brooch»

I'm back with a new tutorial on how to make a handmade brooch. I was asked to make a Fox. So said so done!
Choose your favorite pattern, transfer it to the felt (take a harder felt, so it is easier to embroider on it).

Fill the space with embroidery (I used woolen orange and brown threads). Leave the tip of the tail and breast unembroidered.

I embroider remained space with white beads. At the same time, I use different shades and colors of beads to avoid evenness and have color transitions.
The thing looks more three-dimensional and alive.

I embroider the body itself with beads, using three shades of orange (mat, glossy and with pearl sheen).
You can leave it this way, or you can add more beads (as you like). Cut off extra felt along the contour, leaving 1 mm on the edge.

Proceed to the back side. For the brooch to keep shape, glue a pattern of the Fox to the back side (1 mm smaller than original size) from package plastic. It is more convenient than cardboard, it does not crumple, does not tear and you recycle litter.

Glue a piece of leather or felt on top, pre-cut holes for a clasp.

Then, cut out the leather along the contour and sew the brooch contour with threads (or beads).

As a result, that is how the back side looks like. This is the most time-consuming process, the smoother the stitch, the better the brooch looks.

That is the result.