How to Make an Easter Wreath from Natural Materials and Dried Flowers

I want to share my experience in creating an easy-to-make decoration for Easter from simple material and without special skills.

We will need:

- foam ring, glue or glue gun, floral wire, wire clips;

- hay, straw, bast, sisal, anything you can wrap a ring of foam with;

- fiber flax to bond the entire composition;

- any branches;

- natural willow;

- any berries, natural or artificial;

- any cones (better small like larch and thuja cones);

- dried flowers -tansy, yarrow - not bright, in spring shades;

- natural moss, lichen - coating material;

- Easter decor: birdhouses, eggs, rabbits, nest, birds, feathers, roosters, chickens.

READY? LET US BEGIN!

I take a foam ring wrapped on three sides with hay and aromatic herbs. I make a twine loop for hanging. The side with the hay I leave for the back side (it is optional).

I begin to work with the front side of the wreath, I make the base for our composition - a layer cake!

Apply glue on the base, glue flax fibers — they fix well all the layers of the material used in the work together and prevent dipping or coming off of any element — very good material. I RECOMMEND it in all the works with dried flowers and natural material.

Glue lyko, raffia on the flax... use what is at hand to cover the surface.

Add a little green, you can find not much in spring, but there is some.

I cover the surface with arborvitae branches and fasten it with wire clips (large ones).

I pick up the wreath and point it at the light to see sagging elements.

I fasten everything that sags with paper clips.

Make the next layer of flax fibers— glue the curly hay (mountain mat-grass), just spread on the surface of the wreath — it fixes itself by bonding of the upper parts.

Choose the details for the wreath and its number. Using available materials, make a pattern of the wreath.

Fasten large and central elements, creating the basis of the picture.

I have a birdhouse blank on a birch branch, you are to fasten it carefully and thoroughly.

Pierce skewers through the base of the wreath, glue the flax fibers on them and place the birdhouse on this skewers, glue it on flax.

Fasten the birdhouse branch with the wire.

Attach all branches to the base with wire clips and...

Be SURE all wire bonding are closed — cover it with moss or lichen.

The BASIS for decoration is READY!

Solid, beautiful base allows us to just glue the rest of the decor — THAT IS TO:

cover the wreath on the main parts with a light layer of sisal — for decoration;

attach branches with cones with clips;

or just glue the cones;

glue willow branches, decor, eggs;

add a bunch of rowan to make the wreath brighter — the inside of my birdhouse is painted red.

Put, glue, fix all the Easter decor on the wreath.

The wreath is almost ready.

Pull up the wreath and along the side, under the upper branches attach an additional row of branches of the fruit tree.

If you get a wreath on the surface, you do not need to add anything on the sides.

I have a wreath to hang on the wall as there is a decoration of the birdhouse, located vertically.

At the end of the work, place the wreath on the light to the window, look at the shape of the wreath, if you don't like something, correct it by adding or removing parts of the wreath. Be sure to check the shape of the wreath on the light — one detail can spoil the look of your work.

CHECK the back side of the wreath.

The wreath is ready!