Make Cute and Practical Jewellery Boxes for Accessories

I want to share a tutorial on how to transform a worn-out powder case into a practical and cute box for jewellery. It is extremely simple, fast and cheap to make such a box from what is at hand.

Many women wear makeup. Cosmetics is often packed in nice plastic boxes that are durable and convenient to use further. Using this powder box, I will show you how to make such a box with improvised materials and simple tools.

You will need:

• powder compact without powder;
  • nippers;
  • glue for fabric and plastic (you can use glue stick);
  • a small piece of soft fabric (velvet, corduroy, wool, silk etc.);
  • chalk or white pencil;
  • sharp scissors.

Here it is. First, you need to remove all unnecessary things from it.

Using the nippers, it is easy to remove plastic. Remove the bottom and the mirror.

If you have sharp nippers, it is easy to clean it up with the nippers or with a file. It is better to remove stickers on the reverse side.

Wash the box, but you may leave the glue remains on the bottom.

On a piece of fabric, draw a desired shape with a chalk. On the contour of the reverse side you can apply the glue for the fabric not to crumble. As soon as the glue has dried, cut out the lining for the bottom.

It is easier to apply glue on the bottom of the box, and then place the fabric on it. Of course, you can also cover a lid with the fabric.

Box is ready. It is easy to close, it may have a pair of earrings, or a necklace, or a handmade brooch. Your jewels are protected in this package, you can send it to a customer.

So, I turned other similar boxes into convenient little boxes. Now they carefully keep jewellery.

By the way, it is not necessary to have fabric lining.