Sewing Textile Toys «Fox and Bear»

Valentine's Day is coming, I want to share the idea of a gift for a beloved one, a handmade gift, in which each stitch is filled with thoughts and warmth about the most important feeling!

I was inspired by the picture found on the Internet! As you can see, there is a pattern itself, but we will use it not to sell and earn money, but to be inspired and surprise!

The purpose of our tutorial is to sew a simple toy that you may like on the Internet.

Let`s take a Bear and a Fox as examples.

1. Create the pattern

You need to redraw the pattern from the image that you are inspired by, or draw it yourself, I suggest using ready-made patterns.

The body is one part, sew separately only the ears, if desired, you can make one complete pattern.

It is better to use flax, firstly, it is a natural material, and secondly, it is textured, the animals will look brutal. Transfer the pattern to the fabric, cut out along the contour.

2. Creating a preset

Draw the pattern on the fabric, cut along the contour, apply the ears to the top.

Tack the ears, so that when sewing they don`t fall off! The ears remain in the body when sewing. On the right, just above the leg, leave a pocket 2-3 cm in order to turn out and fill the animal.

On the tip of the nose and between the legs make scissors notches for the fabric not to pull.

3. Sewing

Now turn out, see if you are satisfied with the place of the ears? Do not try to make a perfectly smooth beast, clumsiness and individuality is important here.

4. Filling

It is better to fill the tip of the nose and paws with padding to indicate the shape clearly, then fill the rest with holofiber after for the animal to be elastic. Do not sew up the pocket yet.

5. Draw the embroidery with a pencil or chalk: muzzle, legs, ears and twigs (or what your animal holds in hands). The more accurate the picture, the easier it is to embroider. Choose mouline threads.

6. Start to embroider. I embroidered in satin stitch in various techniques (many are available), and the toy is a great reason to practice!

7. Eyes. Paint them with acrylic paint, pour a drop, you can sew beads or just embroider, as you want!

I would like to add, the more asymmetric, the cuter your animal is. Do not try to make it smooth, embroider a loop in the loop, add your ideas and let the stitches be chaotic, and wool shaggy.