Making a Handmade Poster in Contour Quilling Technique

Today I would like to tell you how to make a poster in contour quilling technique. Sunny, bright and unusual poster.

At first, I picked up the right phrase: " You are my sunshine".

The idea of such a poster came to me accidently: I saw this phrase on the Internet, it was carved out of wood. I copied the phrase with a pencil on a watercolor paper, although, of course, it is more convenient to download the appropriate expression and print it on a thick paper. Then, I cut out all the words and glued them to a dense primed cardboard.

And here begins the most painstaking work: to contour words with a thin strip of paper. The result is in the photo above. As the phrase itself is cut out from dense paper, it was easier and faster to curve each letter.

Then, I decided to make the poster brighter and more volume. To do this, I cut flowers and leaves of colored paper and glued them around the words.

Then, I began to trace each flower and a leaf with paper strips. I glued rolled strips from colored paper to empty spaces.

Gradually, each flower became voluminous and interesting.

One of the most popular questions: what kind of glue I use. I use ordinary PVA glue. A small note: the glue is better to buy in hardware stores, where on a jar is written that the PVA glue is designed to work with paper. This glue will be thick enough, will not dry quickly, and if you work carefully, the traces of glue will not be visible.

I put the finished work in a deep frame 30*40 cm.