Making a Carrier for Dolls

Carrier for dolls

We will need:

• fabric for the carrier (I used different fabrics: flower for the front and polka dot for lining);
  • filler (100 polyester batting or other filler);
  • foam rubber for the inner part and the bottom of the carrier;
  • scissors;
  • threads;
  • lace (optional).

Let us start with a cut-out.

You need an oval (photo 1A) of size — 48x25cm and the side of the carrier is 132 cm long and 14 cm high, the height gradually increases to the head to 18 cm (photo 1Б).

Bottom — 2 parts (1 part from the main fabric and 1 part from the lining), see photo 1A.
Side — 2 parts (1 part from the main fabric and 1 part from the lining), see photo 1Б.
Handles — 2 parts (80 cm long, 8 cm wide – with outsize), see photo 1Б.
Rouche — 5 cm wide, length depends on the number/width of the folds which you do, I have about 130, see photo 2.

I padded parts from the main fabric (the bottom, the sidewalls and handles) with ecopanel to make it more beautiful and hard, and handles more volume. Photo 3.

I padded parts for the lining of the carrier with thin foam (bottom and sidewalls). Photo 4.

At the beginning of the work, do not forget to mark the middle of the bottom and the center of sides, so that the details are easier to join later.
Sew the frill to the front of the sidewall. Photo 5.

Sew the handles (I shifted from the center by 2 cm, the distance between the handles — 10 cm). Photo 6.

Stitch the seam on the side of the carrier.
Join the bottom and side. Photo 7.

As a result, you should have two carriers. Photo 8.

Now is the most difficult part. We connect two into one, do not forget about the technical hole through which we will then turn out the carrier. Photo 9.

Turn out. Sew up the seam hole, left for turning out, with blind line. We sew the whole perimeter of the carrier.

If you have done everything, the doll carrier is ready!