Angel Dresses with Bold Slogans: Conceptual Viktor & Rolf Spring-Summer 2019

Victor & Rolf is a fashion house known for its avant-garde designs. So, this year Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren demonstrated an ironic collection called "Fashion Statements". The designers presented 18 trapeze dresses made of bright colored tulle. None of them were alike, but they were all very volume, often with lush arms and tiered skirts. However, the main element of these angelic outfits were provocative slogans, many of which are Internet memes.

The authors worked in traditional aesthetics of kitsch, deftly balancing on the verge of extravagance and bad taste. The sources of their inspiration for this collection became blogs and social networks, where everyone boldly expresses his/her opinion. The dresses have instantly become Internet memes.

For me, they looked like a designer T-shirt in one of the books about the adventures of Becky Bloomwood, a shopoholic, with the inscription: "She's a red-haired bitch, and I hate her". Do you remember? This desperate skepticism is close to animated series "Daria".

Here are some of the dresses:

"No photos, please"

"Leave me alone"

"F*** this, I'm going to Paris"

"Freedom"

"Trust me, I am a liar"

"I'm not shy, I just don't like you"

"Get mean"

Simly "No"

"I am my own Muse"

"Give a damn"

"Less is more"

"Whatever"

"Peace"

"Sorry I'm late, I didn't want to come"

"I want a better world"

Are you rebellious? What slogan do you choose for yourself? :)