Taking Care of Handmade Textile Doll: 7 Rules

How to clean a textile doll? How to wash it? Is it iportant to take care about it?

These are the most popular questions my customers ask when they buy a doll.

Of course, my answer is to take care, not to wet, not to wash.

But I have decided to collect detailed recommendations in this very article.

The same rules of care are relevant for textile toys.

1. The first rule is a careful attitude.

I say that you can break or thear anything. Love your doll, and then it will serve you a long time.

2. Interior dolls are usually somewhere on a shelf, and it gets dusty, no matter how neat you are.

Therefore, you should clean the doll with a soft, dry wiper or brush from time to time.

3. What should I do if a child plays with a doll and the clothes get dirty?

You can wash removable clothes. It is better to do it with your child as it's a new, interesting game of laundry for him/her. You should carefully wash it with hands in warm soapy water. Dry it on a towel and iron from the bottom.

If you cannot remove clothes, and there is a dirty spot, gently wipe it off with wet wipes for express clothes cleaning. And use your hairdrier.

4. You can brush both, artificial or natural hair. But do not go to extremes, use a hair pick with rare teeth.

5. Very important! Never wash the very body and face of the doll! The doll will be hopelessly flawed.

6. As a rule, when painting the face, crafspeople use pastel and blush, which may fade over time. Dry cosmetic blush may be used to refresh your doll's face. Using a cotton swab with blush, apply it on little cheeks and the doll will become as fresh as a daisy.

7. A great way to get rid of germs on a toy without washing.

Put the toy in a bag or better 2 and tie them properly. Place it in a freezer for a couple of hours. During this time, most germs will die. Get the toy from the freezer and dry it. The toy is clean again.

Follow these simple rules and your textile doll will serve you a long time!