Making a Calendar with a Photo Frame

You may suddenly be invited to visit someone, and it is impolite to refuse and have no gift at hand, you also do not have enough time to do something grand. But to make a desktop calendar with a photo frame is a great idea, it won`t require much time (about an hour) and money, so, such a gift turned out well!

The size is 24 cm by 14 cm.

Firstly, you need to print the calendar grid and cut out each month.

Then, put each paper with a month in a pile, starting from December, ending with January (the top paper), join them together with a stapler and make perforations so they are easily torn off when the month ends, it is necessary to make the machine stitching on the bonded sheets of the calendar without a thread.

Put the calendar aside and make the basic blank, the best option is to make it in a tent shape.

For this, I take a dense cardboard (about 300 g/m), cut out the sheet of the following size (24 cm wide, 40 cm long), I divide it in the following way: 6 cm + 14 cm + 14 cm + 6 cm and fold a "tent". I do not glue the bottom yet.

Put this aside to the calender.

I have cut out the details for decoration from scrap paper. I will have 3: two parts on the front and one on the back side, their sizes are 23.5 cm by 13.5 cm and for the bottom 23.5 cm by 10 cm.

Now I make the photo frame. Those who have a cutting machine are lucky as you can cut out a decorative frame, those who do not have it should not be upset, you can make a rectangle and glue it with decorative paper.

I have made a photo frame for the photo of 9 by 13 cm size. The base is made out of thick cardboard, the decorative upper part of the frame is made of scrap paper, it is 3 mm smaller than the main part.

I sew the bottom part of the photo frame to the front base.

Then I glue the knots with office paper and make stitches to secure the frame.

Finally, I hide the machine line under the decorative frame. I toned the edges of the frame with black ink.

I have leftouts from the photo frame, so I use it as a pocket for business cards and the basis for the calendar. The pocket for business cards will be small, but for them not to fall, I cut out the inner limited size.

As soon as I have glued it, I realized that it is necessary to add height to the pocket, otherwise it is only for one business card, so I cut out additional cardboard strips.

I glue the pocket for business cards and a basis for a calendar to their places.

Then I glue the calendar to its base.

And I begin decorating the photo frame and calendar... I glued the arrows to the calendar to cover the perforation, but do not glue the strip itself.

It's time for the back of the calendar, as I planned, there will be a paper pocket.

I make brads, the pocket and the base for the back.

I glue cardboard strips for the pocket to store more writing paper.

I glue the bottom corner of the pocket and the side cardboard strips, glue them to the base and put brads, I glue the places where brads are fixed with paper.

The only thing left is to glue all the details to their places!

Glue the bottom of the "tent" and also glue it with the third part of 10 cm by 23.5 cm size.

That's all — a desktop calendar with a photo frame is ready! I spent 55 minutes on that.

The photo is not mine :)

You may place 7 business cards there. As it turned out, the gift was useful and was placed in the office, on the table next to a photo of his beloved wife and daughter.