How to Wear a Brooch?

I don't know how to wear a brooch!

I often hear it from my friends and see similar comments on the Internet, that is especially connected with embroidered brooches.

We all want to be trendy and not to look funny, so if you do not know how and with what a brooch should be worn, there are several universal ways, and we will start with them:

1. White shirt/T-shirt and jeans, it is impossible to make a mistake in such a look as you can wear a brooch of unusual geometric shape, classic shape, or in the form of any flowers, animals, birds and so on.

2. Denim jacket. That is even easier, brooches of any shape and in any amount will look great. Imagine: a few brooches, for example, in the sea or confectionery theme — and an ordinary denim jacket turns into a completely unique look.

3. Coat. That is the most classic option. Put a brooch on the lapel, and a usual coat starts playing out in fresh colors.

Almost all girls have such basic clothes in their wardrobes. Imagine how diverse one and the same look may be just by changing brooches.

Now I want to talk about ways to wear brooches, where exactly you may pin this accessory:

1. The most classic and well-spread option is to pin a brooch to the left breast, 10-15 cm below the shoulder.

2. On a knitted cap, hat or beret — a very popular option today, besides, you can wear a brooch on a knitted hat in winter, when there is no way to pin a brooch on outerwear, down jacket, for example.

3. On a scarf, palatine or neckcloth. It is also a great option for winter, in addition, in such a case, the brooch can be used not only as a decoration, but also to secure a palatine or neckcloth.

4. Under the collar. A brooch will look as a button which looks very elegant.

5. On a sleeve. This option to wear a brooch points out the wrist elegance.

6. On the belt. A brooch will be an accent on the waist.

7. On a shoulder bag belt and bag itself. I do not really want to spoil a leather bag, but I like an option to place it on the belt, especially because wide textile belts are popular now, so they will not be spoilt by the brooch.

8. On gloves. In this case, gloves can be of any length and necessarily plain.

9. One more unusual option is to wear a brooch on the shoulder. This is suitable for dresses and tops with a wide strap on which you can pin a brooch.

Well, the main trend is a scattering of brooches. In such a case, the brooches should be united by one theme or style:

What`s important is to follow color combinations and how suitable the look is for a particular event.