Intimate Reality Stylization in Illustrations by Tania Samoshkina

I love minimalism and stylization, and I love looking at illustrations. Often, illustrations of different talented artists inspire me to create felt toys.

Today I want to share the work of Tania Samoshkina, a Ukrainian artist and illustrator from New York. Most of her works are made in watercolor, and they are absolutely adorable! Whales and beacons, cups with mysterious worlds, cozy cats and, of course, people literally come to life in her illustrations. Sincere characters and remoted ones, bright worlds as if from childhood. And cozy cups is my favorite subject in her illustrations.

On her web-site, Tania tells us about herself:

"I believe in simplicity and minimalistic lifestyle and dedication. I am fond of fine arts and I think that it is the greatest way of communication.

In 2012, I got my first album for drawing, and it was the turning point in my artistic career. Over the past five years, I have participated in group exhibitions, had a series of my personal exhibitions and participated in international festivals and art residences.

A member of The Society of Illustrators of Los Angeles.

A member of Women who Draw.

A member of RAW Artists.»

I think, watercolor paintings by Tania Samoshkina are known to many people, I have chosen my most favorite ones on eternal themes: cats, whales, sea and Zen :)

Get inspired!