Amigurumi in Animation

Today I would like to share with you a short cartoon "Lost & Found" by Andrew Goldsmith and Bradley Slabe, Australian directors. The cartoon is shot in the stop-motion technique (a consistent connection of separate shots into a single video). This cartoon is especially interesting for those who make knitted toys as the main characters, dinosaur Knotjira and fox Knitsune, are made in the technique of Japanese knitting art of amigurumi.

This is a beautiful and touching story about what we are ready to do for love. Without pitying himself, dinosaur Knotjira is trying to overcome a difficult path to save his beloved from terrible fate.

Special attention should be made of Samuel Lewis. Apart from being the only animator to create "Lost & Found", Lewis is also the author of the main characters. Together with Scott Ebdon, the frame designer, and Julie Ramsden, the crocheting artist, he has imbued the creations with life, character and personality.

"Lost & Found" is a beautiful piece of art in its area because you sympathise with the main characters and, what`s more, worry about these cute small but brave animals, and their behavior makes us reflexively think about people we care about. One more thing is that it combines such an amazing art as amigurumi, taking the features of knitted toys into consideration, and such an old technique of animation of a hundred-year history.

All in all, I was happy to share with you this sensitive and sometimes tragic work, and I want to wish you a pleasant viewing.