Bronze Tales by Andrey Ostashov

On the last day of the exhibition I managed to see the work of incredible person Andrey Ostashov and was stunned beyond speech :) The "Erarta" (a modern art museum in St.Petersburg) exhibited his work of the last twenty years. They are mostly fairy-tale characters with the combination of features of Eastern travelers, ancient warriors, shy girls and cute children. Elegant shapes and lines, brilliant sculpture technique, sophisticated tint-coating, precise detailed work in his sculptures are amazing. Each sculpture makes you stop and look at continuously... I had a feeling as if each of them started a conversation inaudible for everyone else and addressed only me...

Some information about the sculptor:

Andrey was born in 1970 in Lida, Belarus. In 1997, he graduated from the Sculpture Department of the Belarusian State Academy of Arts in Minsk. He was a student of Professor Georgy Muromtsev, and wrote his thesis under the guidance of Aleksandr Finniskiy. Since 1995, he has been a participant of about 60 national and international exhibitions, art plein airs, once taught at Gleb School, then went to work in the plumbing shop, but, fortunately for us, came back to work, and now his works are exhibited in the National Art Museum of the Republic of Belarus, and are kept in private collections in Belarus, Great Britain, Germany, Holland, Spain, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, the USA, Switzerland, and also in the Museum of Art in Malaga, Spain.

The exhibition billboard said: "The international fame of Andrey Ostashov is associated with flexibility of his art and aesthetic concept, which organically combines Eastern and European myths, references to Greek classics, mannerism and artdeco. The sculptor fearlessly uses everyday objects and applied art of the Far East, images of samurais and Teddy bears, fairy princesses and Indian shamans.

These are just bare facts, but in reality, these are amazing works full of light connected with aesthetics, eternal fairytales about princesses, distant countries and magical transformations :) If interested, you may surf the Internet for more pictures and information about his works (he has more than 250). Here I will leave just a few for you to get aquainted with this magician :) I hope, you will also fall in love with wonderful characters by Andrey Ostashov.