How to Make an Original Cheese Dish

At home we sometimes accumulate many things that we are sorry to throw out and we cherish the hope that they will be useful to us someday. And today is one of those cases! :)
I want to share with you my experience of making an interesting and unusual cheese dish of what is at hand. This time I had a beautiful but empty bottle and a piece of birch panel at hand. First, we need to make a marking to separate the bottom from the bottle.

I just put a marker and turning the bottle drew a straight line.
This will be our lid.
After that, by simple manipulations, we secure a dremel with a diamond disk in such a way that the tool remains stationary on the cut line, and we will move the workpiece itself to separate the bottom from the bottle.

I have tried many ways to "cut bottles", but in this case, we have one bottle and there is no room for mistake, this option is the most optimal for us. This is justified by the fact that despite the longer and more energy-consuming process, there is 99% success that the bottle will be divided exactly on the line and without chips that appear in the "hot" method, and no one will guarantee that it will be possible to divide the workpiece exactly in the right place.
In our case, the main thing is not to hurry. Especially during the first pass around the perimeter it is better to pass lightly, to set the exact cutting line to ensure that the disk is smooth and there are no chips on the workpiece when cutting. The whole process took me 30 minutes. And the result...

I'm happy!
Next, take the platform for cheese. On the selected surface, in my case it is a 30 mm thick birch panel, put the top of the cheese dish and encircle the outer contour. Then, departing 8 mm, draw the inner contour of the lid and the general boundaries of our cheese dish — 170х170 mm.

After that, feel free to take a cutter and shouting "Banzai" make a groove for the lid with a depth of 2 mm.

And the result will not take long :)

After that round the corners of our workpiece on a grinding machine or a grinder, process all the surfaces and in the end, using sandpaper with 320 grit, bring it to the finish state.
And at the end, to give our product a concise and practical look, I took linseed oil and using a cloth applied two layers with a small interval. It is necessary to give the wood a nice shade, prevent the absorption of odors and moisture into the wood.

As a result, I made an original thing, I will not be ashamed to put it on a table :)

Try, experiment, go for it!

And do not accumulate old things :) Give them a chance for a new life!