12 Bright Ideas for Crafts with Kids

We all want to make the childhood of our children fun, fabulous and interesting. We don't want them to be interested in cartoons and computer games. We want to teach them to think, create, and spend time with interest.

I hope that our art classes will be useful to someone :)

1. You can create a painting by melting wax crayons with a hairdryer. Glue crayons on double sided tape. But I also had to hold them with another hand.

2. You can melt each crayon over the paper separately. You can get beautiful splashes.

I unrolled wallpaper and splashed in all directions :)

Here are the hands of the artists :)

3. Mix three cups of salt and 3 tbsp of water. Tightly put damp salt into a mold. Leave it to dry for a day. Then remove the lock from the mold. Let it dry for 12 hours.

We painted the castle using a pipette with water, colored with food dyes. Next time I will make the water of more saturated colors. My daughter loved this activity! It is very nice to look how the salt is saturated with dyes.

4. And this paragraph will be devoted to salt dough. It's beautiful! The first photo: my daughter kneads dough by herself. It's simple: 2 cups of flour, half a cup of salt, 1 cup of water. If you don't want to feel the grains of salt in the finished dough, first mix water and salt. And then add flour.

By the way, there is a fish of salt dough in the first photo. It is painted with acrylic paints.

Here is food for dolls of salt dough, painted with acrylic paints, and a big part has not been painted yet. We left it for another day. Now, in our toy refrigerator there is a cake, zucchini, eggplants, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, a pumpkin, a sausage, an ice cream. There is a sandwich with sausage, a pan with fried eggs, a pie in an oven. And a basket full of rolls and loaves :) Now it is more interesting to play with dolls.

My next plan with salt dough was implemented in a very rainy day, when it became clear that we wouldn't go for a walk.

We made dough for cakes and pastries. For decorating cakes with "candies" we painted beans with food dyes. About the dough: we divided the prepared mass into 6 parts. To each part we added food coloring of the desired color + food flavors and oil. Green smelled like mint, blue — lavender, yellow — lemon, brown — cocoa (we painted with it), pink — almond, and red — vanilla. In order to use the dough freely during sculpturing, we kneaded 1.5 portion.

And this was made up by Arina: to decorate a cake she began to squeeze the dough from the baking tips of a cooking bag. She made real nice bright cakes and pastries. The dough was soft, pliable. It was easily squeezed out. Sorry, there is no photo of the result. But to the left form the hands you can see one of the cakes in the process of creation.

And then we studied mixing colors. I didn't expect salt dough would let us to demonstrate how to mix colors! Red + yellow = orange. Blue + red = purple. First we took blue and red in equal proportions, then — twice the amount of blue. It is so interesting to see how colors are mixed in your hands and the result is a new color. The dough is soft, easy to mix.

Well, just an interesting finding: we squeezed dough through a garlic press. My daughter put there dough of different colors and squeezed it. It looked like funny colored hair, this technique can be used for craft projects.

5. A sea in a jar. We colored boiled water with food coloring, threw seashells, starfish and fish in a jar. We poured oil on top. We glued a lid with a glue gun not to let it accidentally open. You can stop right there. But Arina and I decided to decorate the lid :) Just In case I processed the junction of the lid and the jar with a glue gun to make sure nothing could leak. You can flip the jar and see how beautiful waves splash in the sea :)

6. It is very exciting to make a colored bottle! And the result may be a pleasant gift for both children and adults. For the work you will need: salt, chalk, a grater, and a funnel (if a bottle has a narrow neck). Pour a portion of salt and grate chalk into it. When colored salt is ready start to put layers in a bottle. Making each layer hold the bottle at different angles. You will get a beautiful pattern.

Another bottle of salt and chalk. It was Arina's gift for her father's birthday.

In my opinion, a great gift from a child!

7. A construction set of toothpicks and clay. First we assembled geometric shapes, and then made a castle of them :)

8. Salute! White glue, salt, paint. Paint thickly with glue and sprinkle with salt. Let it dry. Shake off the excess salt and paint. Salt is very nicely saturated with paints. Most importantly add plenty of water. I think it would be great to use this technique for painting a winter picture. This salute was created after the Victory Day. While the memories were fresh.

9. Painting on foam for shaving. It was also very fun! Arina finished painting by building different shapes of colored foam. 40 minutes flew by. We would paint longer, but it was time to sleep. This kind of creativity seems to have no end result. But the most important part is the process. The child just learns to concentrate on one activity. Well, anyway, we are happy with bright colors :)

10. Pictures on sand. We loved this activity very, very much! It perfectly relaxes before going to sleep. For such entertainment you will need: a transparent container with a flat lid (ours has a little skirting), a flat flashlight (you can use a flashlight of a mobile phone), sand or semolina. The flashlight is placed in the container, pour sand on its lid. Put a mat under the container if you don't want to do last minute cleaning. In the end (at the suggestion of my daughter) I told the tale of a fisherman and a fish. We painted scenes from the tale on sand.

11. An interesting activity — to paint sticks! :) First there is an activity on the street — to collect sticks. And then paint them at home with excitement. This was our first experience. It is better to take twigs without bark. Paint covers them smoother and brighter. And on thicker sticks you can paint interesting patterns. We painted with acrylic paints. They were magic wands in a game.

12. Painting on milk. It will be interesting to all! Pour some milk in a bowl of a large diameter. Drip paint in the bowl using a brush. You can curl beautiful swirls. When you finish drawing, put on a brush some dishwashing detergent. Its drops make the paints run away. Our mixed paints started to get divided into specific colors with beautiful swirls. And little white balls ran directly on the surface of the milk. Guess, SAAs collected fat from the milk :) In general, I recommend this activity.

It was creative activities. In my archive I have experiments and other interesting activities for kids.

If you will be interested to read a new article, write and share :)