• Category: DIYs
  • Practices: Sewing

Today we will sew a sleep mask.
We will need:

• 2 pieces of fabric, 22 by 11 cm (I used linen);
  • 1 piece of fabric, 4 by 43 cm (a drawstring for elastic);
  • 1 piece of insulation, 21 by 10 cm (to make the mask soft and opaque);
  • elastic (I have 7 mm wide and 35 cm long elastic);
  • trim and other items for decorating (optional).

Let's start:
• I made the pattern by myself, width — 20 cm, the width at the eyes area — 8 cm, the nose area — 5 cm, the corners are rounded.

• Cut out the pattern with an allowance of 2 cm, cut insulation without allowance.

• Take one half of the mask and pin insulation to the inside, stitch on a sewing machine with 2 cm allowances, iron.

• Take the second part of the mask and embroider the eyes (in the photo I show you how to use pins to transfer a symmetrical pattern).

• Take the longest piece, fold it in half, stitch on a sewing machine and turn it out, iron.

• Take elastic and pass it in the drawstring, do not forget to secure the end of the elastic in the drawstring or it will "run away", do the same on the other end.

• Connect all the parts and pin the elastic.

• Try the mask on your head, thereby define the tension of the elastic.

• Cut off the excess and secure the ends of the drawstring with the elastic on a sewing machine.

• Put the elastic band on the face of one of the parts of the mask, pin it.

• Put both parts face to face with the elastic band inside.

• Stitch on a sewing machine with 1 cm seam allowances and do not forget to leave a hole for turning out, iron.

• Cut the seam allowance by 0.5 cm and make notches on the edges of the entire mask.

• Turn the mask out and thoroughly iron the seam, close the open seam with blind stitches.

• Next, I sewed a trim by hand to add some beauty and cuteness to the mask.

Ready!