Pigcasso Piggy. The Only Artist Pig in the World

How to measure a creative talent? And who knows for sure if you're talented or not? And if so, how much are you talented? There are so many doubts in the mind of artists, so many obstacles in their way... Waiting for the muse is painful when the canvas is treacherously silent! But if you were born as a creative person, the most important thing is not to miss your chance and show the world your Universe. your vision, your canvas.

Today my thoughts are about the fate of one remarkable artist, born in South Africa. It was born as a little pink pig with small spots around the eyes. It was born on a conventional slaughterhouse. It didn't even have a name — just a sequence number. It would seem that its fate was sealed — in a short time, after a short and bleak life, during which, after the excommunication from the mother, it would see nothing but a trough filled with feed. The only "walk" would be the path to the place where it was supposed to die.

But fortunately, when it was only a few weeks old, the animal rights activist Joan Larson came to this South African farm — and everything in the life of the little pink piglet changed! Joan was so enamored with its little black eyes, cute snout and funny screw tail that she immediately bought the pig and placed it on a farm in the neighbourhood with other rescued animals.

At first the little pig was awkward and even afraid of a new place. Unfamiliar smells and sounds alarmed it. The kind hostess fed it with delicious food and brought it various toys. The pig curiously studied the strange objects. It sniffed, tasted them... Among other things there was an old brush and then the little artist made its first, hesitant strokes. "I'll show them! I'll show them what I can do!" thought the little pig. At this time, the hostess came in and noticed the pig doing a strange thing, laughing with joy, she gave it a name — Pigcasso! Joan, along with the small Pigcasso, tried different paints, different brushes... Everything was great, the pig actually liked to paint! There was only one disadvantage — the brush slipped during the work. Then Joan decided to wrap the brush in soft material, and the problem was solved!

And, some time later, the young Pigcasso's strokes became more confident, so the owner bought it an easel, took some pictures and told friends about it. Now the fame of the wonder-pig and its owner, who discovered its artistic talent, circled almost the entire world! The public perceives the Pigcasso's works very favorably, and critics describe its artistic style as "abstract expressionism". Pigcasso loves to paint. And on the farm where its owner cares about other animals, it even got its own personal gallery! Its paintings are bought with great speed — they are sold for $2,000 on average! So, the piglet is involved in charity without even knowing it and together with its mistress helps many animals.

Beautiful and energetic Joan Larson makes plein-airs for Pigcasso, organizing its personal exhibitions. By the way, Joan never makes a pig to paint and only encourages it to be creative. Pigcasso works only when visited by the muse, sometimes using fruits instead of paints. It makes eco-friendly paintings with strawberry and fruits of guava.

To date, a lot has been said, shown and written about Pigcasso, and many have heard the story about the painting pig from South Africa, and many people will hear about it... And everyone will notice something different, each will present their own thoughts... someone will be inspired, someone will have doubts...

But speaking about the facts — it has long been proven that though pigs see fewer colors than people, they perfectly recognize and distinguish blue, green, yellow and red colors. And it has long been proven that stigma of pigs is very sensitive, so it is not surprising that the artist pig copes with a brush. We all know that pigs are curious and intelligent animals, very loyal and sociable. They know and respond to their names, they love to play.

I hope that, in anticipation of the Year of the Pig, thanks to this story, my readers will see how pigs are amazing, intelligent and unique. How creative they can be, feeling care and love. How much positivity and joy they can bring into our lives.

If you feel sad, if you think that you are in a bind, or some insurmountable obstacles stand in the way of your success... Remember the 200-pound pig Pigcasso!!! The large pink beauty, not knowing what is to "feel down" not knowing fixations and knowing just inspiration and taste for life!

Let it be your motivation! Let it become your talisman! Your muse, your star! Happy upcoming 2019 — the Year of the Pig!!!

Veronica.

PS. There is a lot of photos of Pigcasso on the Internet — I selected the best. Meet this cutie.