How to Make a Vintage Christmas Decoration

New Year is almost on the doorstep! Everybody has already started to decorate their houses... We try to make them more elegant and attractive.
In stores there is an abundance of festive goods, and we will try to make a very striking decoration for a Christmas tree with our hands!

So, let's start!
For convenience, I downloaded templates from the Internet. Choose the desired shape, transfer it to heavy paper, make the pattern. Mine is in the middle row on the right.

Next, take two sheets of scrapbooking paper of the desired shades.

And glue them together.

Let them dry! Next, we take our pattern (template) and outline it on any side of our scrapbooking paper.

On one sheet I have 8 parts with a size of 12.5 (height) * 9.5 (width). For one toy we need only 6 parts.
Since I did not limit myself to just one decoration (I made several decorations), I left two extra parts.
Now do the spraying. We use 2 colors of acrylic paint. In this case, brown and white.
We put one paint on an old, useless, slightly moistened toothbrush. With a thumb make the movement from the beginning of the brush to yourself. Do so a few times. The spraying should be done across the surface of the paper on both sides and in different colors!

Now you can cut our shapes. Carefully, slowly, directly by the edge!
Combine the cut shapes together and check the evenness of the edges. Try to cut the extra.
And that's what I got:

Now we need to create the effect of distressed edges. To do so, you need to rub a pastel pencil of the desired shape (in this case brown) on sandpaper and using a brush paint the edges of the details.

The result is the following:
6 shapes with a two-tone spraying and tinted edges.

Now we will decorate our future Christmas tree decoration with sequins! I want everything shine and sparkle in New Year, despite the fact that the toy is in vintage style :)
Apply white glue to the edges and sprinkle with glitter, sequins or some other beauty!

The result:

Further, mark the middle on the front side. Put everything together face to face, roses with roses, dragonflies with dragonflies (see the photo above), align the edges.
Clamp with a peg on one or two sides.

Now it is the crucial moment!
It is necessary to stitch the product in the middle and watch that the edges are together. Don't forget to put a thick needle and change the settings of a sewing machine.

And at the end let's stretch the wings of our finished Christmas decoration.

At this stage it is possible to stop, just make the hanging loop.
But we are not looking for easy ways, therefore, I offer to enhance the festive effect and add a few finishing touches.
So, to make our decoration keep its shape and not to let its wings "fly", we insert small beads between them, in this case with a diameter of 3 mm.

Do so around the circumference of the top and bottom.
Next, I tied bows, added beads, seed beads and made loops of beautiful cords.
And voila!

Happy New Year!
Yours, Irina K.