Mysterious and Beautiful India: Women's Jewelry

I love Indian movies. Since childhood they have fascinated me by their beauty. Women charmed me with their beauty and abundance of jewelry. Since I am now actively engaged in the production of jewelry and embroidery, I draw inspiration looking at the Indian beauties, especially at their jewelry. And I have a question: "Why so much?". Let's find it out together.

To wear jewelry in India is a cult. Men and children also wear jewelry. But we will focus on women's jewelry. Wearing jewelry makes a lot of sense. The abundance of expensive jewelry does not look vulgar, but rather the more jewelry the girl wears, the prettier and happier she is.

The traditional jewelry set of Indian women is called "Shringar" and includes 16 pieces, corresponding to the 16 phases of the moon. This is due to the goddess of beauty, fertility and prosperity, Sri Lakshmi.

"Shringar" jewelry includes :

Haar — a necklace.

Karan Phool — earrings in the shape of a flower or fruit branches.

Shringar patti — a piece of jewelry that encircles the bride's head.

Nath — a nose ring.

Tika — pendant on the hair parting for married women.

Kajal — an eyeliner in the form of arrows.

Mehendi — henna tattoos to bring happiness and protection from failures.

Sindoor — red powder in the parting of the head.

Bindi — the point between the eyebrows, symbolizing the third eye.

Bajuband — bracelets on the forearm.

Arsi — a ring with a mirror on a thumb.

Keshapasharachana — a braid with decorations.

Kamarband — an elegant belt.

They wear lots of bracelets on their arms.

The rings on the toes — they wear a pair on each leg. Usually, they are silver.

Sari is a classic Indian outfit.

Jewelry is also perceived by Hindus as a therapeutic agent. For example, the ring in their nose eases the pain of childbirth. Rings on the fingers help the brain, and rings on the toes regulate the menstrual cycle. Earrings are not only an exquisite piece of jewelry, but also a protection from evil spells, evil influence.

Indian women believe that with the new jewelry love and well-being comes in the family. Also this is a way to show the family's welfare.