DIY Bows of Corn Leaves, Eco-friendly and Unusual

I am glad to share with you an idea for decorating anything with a bow. For example, here's a gift box:

Or this pouch:

The bow may be different, it depends on your imagination. The material and simple technique remain unchanged. I hope my invention will be useful to you.

What is good about this idea with bows?

1. It does not require any additional costs, materials, tools. Everything is at hand!

2. You don't have to prepare a special workplace.

3. In this case, any "pieces" of ribbons, fabric, sequins and stickers are great.

So, we will need:

1. A corn leaf, the one that closes the corn cob.

2. Simple scissors, preferably sharp.

3. Some light thread.

4. Scraps of ribbons, lace, adhesive rhinestones and beads, etc.

The process: After you removed a leaf from a corn cob, do not rush to throw it away. Even if you've kept it since summer, it can be used. In summer leaves are soft and do not require any treatment. As I was preparing a "lesson" in December, so first I wetted the leaf with hot water.

The water should drain, we don't need drops. Water made the leaf more plastic. There won't be lots of trash. I start.

I prepared two leaves and the remains of trim. I cut with scissors the ends of the leaves which had lost their good looks.

We don't need the base, the bottom of the leaf — it is too hard, cut it.

Use what is left.

Tear strips by the length. The width doesn't matter.

These are the strips I got.

Make a bow.

I bent the leaf lengthwise, not symmetrically. I get a "half" bow.

I tied the bent stripe with a short ribbon. Trim the tail.

I cut the tail. What if I decorate it with a rhinestone?

I decided that a rhinestone will not be superfluous.

I added a rhinestone and a piece of plastic ribbon, curled the ends with scissors. The first bow is ready!

Continue. The second bow.

The second bow is made with a colored piece of fabric.

Bend both ends. Now we have to fix the bent ends: wrap in the middle and tie.

The bow is finished. I apply a piece of fabric and prepare a ribbon (a short ribbon that has remained).

2 bows are ready.

Continue to make corn bows.

These two stripes will form one bow. Bend the ends of both strips.

We put together the bent strips (to each other, the ends must look in different directions). Fix with a thread in the middle.

I thought it would be interesting to tie them with a corn "ribbon", securing it with a thread.

One bow can be complemented with a piece of mesh.

Secure with a thread, add a longer ribbon.

I tie the finished bow to a gift packaging box.

Probably, the principle and simple technology are already quite clear. I should add that the bows from leaves are durable, the surface is very pleasant, of creamy beige color and the bow holds its shape well and it is simply very sweet. I made many various bows:

You can complement them with any detail, it is possible to paint with acrylic, you can collect a garland of them... etc. The bows look nice and cozy on bags and boxes. They will come in handy on hats for puppets, in buttonholes, in shop windows, they will look great in any eco-friendly decor.

So, make an original package, do not grudge these bows. I wish you, my dear craftswomen, new creative successes!

In the same respect, Jeanne(gvasi).