Linda Rodin. Never too Old for Anything!

This year I again went to the hospital. My "caring" neighbor in the ward asked me if I had a husband and family and after she learned about my family situation she gave me a pitying look. In her eyes, I immediately became uninteresting. My future looked lonely and pathetic. I would surely be sick, neglected, peeved with life and in a complete bondage to a dozen brazen and ill-mannered cats. The presence of a beloved work, son and interesting hobby meant nothing in her eyes.

And then by chance I stumbled on the Internet on a very interesting lady. It was Linda Rodin!

I was shocked how this woman looked and how interesting she lived! If there will be lonely declining years, they must be like this!

Linda Rodin is a stylist from New York, a former model and editor of Harper's Bazar. A woman with an incredible sense of style.

Linda worked as a model for a short period of time, then she became a photographer and later a stylist.

She returned to the fashion industry at the age of being a woman with platinum white hair and incredible charm. She returned to become the heroine of The Row lookbook, a campaign by Karen Walker, the founder of the line of Olio Lusso cosmetics and the style icon for those who as well as she knows: "After 60 the real fun begins."

She says, "Never too old for anything!"

Linda Rodin has a unique style. She loves denim and enjoys wearing it every day. Skinny jeans, fitted shirts and simple jean jackets. She dilutes all her outfits with bright accessories. She has a special way of wearing several completely different rings on one finger, combining them like bricks from Tetris.

She wears skirts with dense tights, she can rarely be seen with bare legs. She uses translucent fabrics to cover her hands. Manicure and bright lips are a must!

Her favorite accessories: large contrast sunglasses, big rings, elegant necklaces, interesting shoes, high-quality expensive bags. By the way, to the most significant actions she takes bags for rent.

She believes that a mandatory procedure for maintaining beauty is a healthy sleep and use of oils.

Linda Rodin travels a lot and loves to read the classics. She has a favorite dog — a basset hound — a gift from her friend Laetitia Casta. Linda was engaged 4 times, but she has never got married. Linda admits she really didn't want to.

Her favorite place in New York is the flea market of the 25th and Broadway. Linda says: "I never go home empty handed. My apartment is filled with objects that I find." To the question, what is the best at her age, the lovely Rodin replies: "I think the most pleasant thing is that I became more free and independent. Age let me understand that I need to be more honest and open with myself and others. I realized that I'm not getting any younger, and accepted it. It's okay."

To save your style for a long time, Linda gives you the following tips:

1. Since I turned 60, my style has become more expressive. It is sufficient to use one bright item of clothing, all the other things that you put on should be simple.
  2. I have the most vivid detail — tinted glasses. But it was a pragmatic decision. I'm tired of constant changing of reading glasses and sunglasses, so I've put them together in one.
  3. I hate to exercise, so I eat very healthy food and walk a lot. My dog is very helpful with the latter.
  4. I have no dresses. I don't wear maxi — they don't work for those who are 165 cm tall and lower.
  5. I follow fashion trends, but not slavishly. I like to shop at Marni, Chloe — I spend a lot there, but I wear these things over the years.
  6. Recently I've bought denim designer clothes. Never thought I'd do it — I used to buy them for nothing, but you will not find them anywhere else. I think I'll be able to wear jeans in the evening with the right accessories.
  7. My favorite coats are straight, with the Balenciaga silhouettes, as well as large quilted things. Whatever you put on, you put this coat on top, and your look is completed.
  8. I'm a fan of makeup, but I don't use foundation because it emphasizes the wrinkles. Once I injected silicone, but it was so weird! I paint eyelashes, lips — bright lipstick, put on a pleated piece of clothing and I'm ready to go.
  9. Basic care? Bath every day, the longer the better.
  10. I still sometimes wear mini skirts with dense dark tights. Why not? I have thin graceful legs. I'll never show my bare forearms. I find ways to wear shirts with sleeves even in summer.

I'm still far from the age of this remarkable woman, but I would like to look as attractive and to live just as interesting at her age.