DIY Author's 'Love' Doll

I offer a tutorial for making a doll solving the "Love" problem.

The materials needed:

• natural fabrics;
  • wool cotton;
  • floss;
  • a stick;
  • strong thread for tightening;
  • lace;
  • seed beads;
  • scissors;
  • a needle;
  • thread for hair.

Initially, when I receive an order or there is a need to create a particular doll for a particular person, I think about it for a while. I think about what image should there be, the accents, the embroidery. I consider things that require a special attention, necessary conditions for the accomplishment of the plan. As a rule, when ordering, I get a letter of confession, I talk to a customer. Sometimes it is easier to open your soul to a stranger. And the process begins.
The base of the doll is not different from my other dolls, but the stick is thicker in some places and the head is smaller :) But in order to understand what image the doll must have, I first understand what the task is. We all know that such dolls are a conscious craft, every detail, every sign and the method of their creation has their meaning and power. So the mission of this doll is to attract your soul mate. What does "to attract" mean, what is love and what should be the hostess? We will look at the original "depth" and the basis of life. At birth, we have this wisdom within us, during the first years of our life we clearly live, go our own way, according to our mission until "smart" people, society, begin to teach us how to live, offer their templates and knock us out of the way.
I'm not going to tell what love is, it is very much a concept of the unexplained and streamlined but the quality of lovefulness is quite necessary for a hostess (if she's a hostess). Now, in our time, unfortunately many life values are turned upside down by young people, at times it is very difficult for families to build a fine and happy family, and especially to attract a true mate for a joint business called family. To create this kingdom of love and goodness, raise children, grow gardens, build houses.
Family is always two people, because the two are one. A host and a hostess. An owner — fire, a hostess — water. So her basic quality is lovefulness. She is soft, fluid, gifting, creative, wise, alive. Only a hostess knows what her family needs, she is the only one who creates the conditions for all living beings around, for the development of her family. She is full. In the old days needlework, thrift, modesty were in the first place, and then beauty, not empty but full.

Back to the image of the doll:

The base of my dolls is a twisting stick inside, I see a family structure, regimen and generation support in it. The emphasis of this doll is hair. Hair has a direct relationship with the mate, in the old days women took care of their hair, they didn't cut them, but combed. Initially I decided that the doll will be in light tones and of natural, genuine fabrics — linen. And of course embroidery (letters). There is no way without embroidery, everyone knows what power and wisdom it possesses. The symbolic object of the doll is a cup. All her life a hostess brings love, without spilling a drop (this is again about the fact that a hostess creates conditions for all life).
And of course about the process, have you ever thought why some people do not sew but twist, do not process the edges, use natural fabrics? Because our life is originally easy, beautiful, fabulous, endless, real, wise, and loving...
I share with the world my creative process and invite you into the world of harmony and love!

So, let's start!

1. Choose a flat stick with a length of approximately 18 cm. Tightly wound fabric around the stick making it 3 cm in diameter. Additionally wrap the bottom with fabric so that, first, the doll could stand firm on its "feet", second, this is the basis, lifestyle, family, generation support. Cinch with a strong thread.

2. Put a piece of cotton wool on the edge of the roll. Put a piece of fabric approx. 15*15 and tightly fix with a thread at the chin.

3. Put the entire fabric back and literally "sculpt" the face with hands. It is good that linen is a very flexible material. Fix it in the same place with a thread.

4. Cut two squares approx. 18*18. Put cotton wool in the middle of the square and make a ball (2 pieces). This is the breast :) Apply it to the roll and cinch with a thread.

5. Prepare two pieces for arms, approx. 5*13 cm. Bend two corners inwards as a paper plane shaping the palm. For the volume I put there a piece of cotton wool.

6. For the sleeve prepare two pieces of fabric of approx. 5*9. Make pleats on one of them. Sew them together adding lace.

7. Sew the sleeve seams, putting the arm inside.

8. Apply the arms to the body, fix with a thread. The next stage is to prepare a piece of fabric for the shirt with a size of 6*22 cm. Attach it to the body with a strong thread.

9. Put the fabric down and fix with a thread.

10. For the skirt we need a piece of fabric with a size of 25*16. If desired, you can make pleats, but is not necessary. Decorate the skirt with lace, apply an embroidery. Sew, put on a doll and cinch with a thread under the breast.

11. To create the wig, wound the threads of the required thickness on a book. Sew the parting and put the wig on the doll, do not sew, tie it to the head.

12. Complement the look with a belt, put on a necklace, some beads, put a symbolic cup into its hands, and solemnly give the doll to the hostess.

PS. My recommendation for owners of such dolls: the doll must not be empty, when you meet her tell her the task out loud, why it is in your house and what she needs to do.

I wish you all love and joy!