DIY Christmas Toys

And again the New Year theme! In this tutorial I'll tell and show you how to make original Christmas decorations.
We will need:

• cardboard;
  • duct tape;
  • glue;
  • a glue gun;
  • thread;
  • twine;
  • a pencil;
  • paper;
  • scissors;
  • a brush;
  • paint;
  • beads, an awl.

Take an ordinary sheet of paper, draw on it our future toys. I have a moon, a Christmas tree and a star. They are our patterns.

Cut out paper figures.

Put them on cardboard and draw out with a pencil.

Cut out of cardboard.

Take duct tape and begin to fully wrap a cardboard blank. If you want your toy to be more voluminous, you can wind more tape in the middle of the toy.

Now take a glue gun and work quickly and accurately: press out a strip of glue and immediately place twine to this place.

Next, take a thinner thread and usual white glue. Smear the entire blank with glue and wrap with thread in different directions.

After the workpieces are wrapped, you can put them to dry in a natural way, but you can take a hairdryer and dry with a hairdryer for the further work.
The workpiece is dry, start painting! I painted with acrylic paints, they are bright and dry fast. For the first layer it is better to take dark shades. Cover the whole workpiece with paint and again wait for it to dry or dry with a hairdryer.

Use a glue stick to glue beads.

Now add volume to our work: cover the decoration with white paint, not trying to paint the entire piece, just put some snow.

For the star I decided to do the final processing with bronze.

Our work is almost done! Do a hole on top with an awl and put a thread. Now it is ready :)

Happy upcoming New Year!