Crafts with Kids: a 'House' Brooch

Children are always interested in everything. Especially if it's hidden or forbidden.
And what about beads, seed beads, ribbons and threads? When everything sparkles and glitters? Of course, there will be a fun evening!
I offer a very simple tutorial on creating brooches that will make you happy for a very long time.
To make brooches with your kids you will need:
1. Choose a theme. It can be of any kind. For us, houses were relevant, so we chose them.
2. Prepare the materials:

• Fleece or felt. We used fleece because we had crops of it.
  • Beads, seed beads, rhinestones, thread.
  • A brooch pin.
  • Moment Crystal glue.
  • Scissors and needles.

Cut out of fleece 2 details of the desired shape (the face and the reverse side of the brooch). First you can draw and cut them of paper for convenience, and then transfer them to fleece or felt. We have a simple shape so we made it without a pattern.

Draw with a pen, a pencil or a piece of soap straight on your cut out detail a pattern for embroidery or a picture (windows, doors, a roof, maybe a cat or a bush, a tree). Take selected earlier beads, seed beads, thread and begin to sew along the drawn outline with your child. Gently help the baby. If the child is still small, you can agree that mom will sew where the baby wants.

When you are done with the face side, begin to make the reverse side. Sew a pin for a brooch to a piece of fleece with the same shape that was cut out in advance.

And now we take our two halves of the brooch — the embroidered front part and the back with a pin and sew them together (for speed and convenience you can glue them or glue and then sew, as your imagination will tell you). That's all :)

There is nothing difficult and the process is very exciting for kids. The process of making brooches caused a lot of emotions and impressions for my daughter. We pin our brooches to the clothes when we go out and show everyone what a beauty we've made. The important thing is that my kid is happy and shows that she has made a beauty by herself, even though her mom helped a little :)