Freedom in Craftsmanship: Amazing Embroidery by Ell Violet

In my opinion, embroidery in satin stitch is very similar to painting. And as a painter's brush becomes an extension of his hands and thoughts, so a needle comes alive in skillful hands of a master.

Today I would like to introduce you to Ell Violet — an artisan from New Zealand and just an amazingly talented girl. In 2015, the craftswoman graduated from Massey University with a degree in "visual communications design", but she found her true calling in needlework.

Ell has loved to sew and embroider in different techniques since her childhood. Today, in her works she combines satin stitch, textile appliques, paints and markers on fabric. However, the process of embroidering is not like a carefree bohemian labor: the skilled artisan says that she thoroughly thinks about every stitch and meticulously follows her idea.

"My goal is to create beautiful things with mystery; to make the worlds first existed only in my imagination," says Ell Violet. "I like to challenge the usual perception of embroidery. But at the same time, I am of the opinion that the smallest details and high level of skill of an artisan make a particular embroidery special."

I offer you to admire the works of the artisan. Among my favorite examples — fantasy landscapes, their apparent simplicity hides a lot of interesting details:

Much attention in her works the girl pays to the living world. There are fantasy creatures and realistic embroidered animals and insects:

Marine life is especially lovely in a mixed technique:

Here are feathered representatives in classic satin stitch:

A flowering kingdom of plants and mushrooms has also found expression in embroidery:

And finally — some New Year stories for the festive mood :)

Like, add this publication to your favorites and share your impressions in comments :)

Thank you for your attention!