How to Embroider a Pig with French Knots

In anticipation of the upcoming New Year of the Pig, I want to offer you to embroider this cute pig!
There is a rose on its cheek and its heart glows with love!
Embroidery with French knots is a very meditative activity I like this technique. Your hands make unique texture which looks interesting and very pleasant to the touch!

I made two templates for you. The pigs are the same, they look in different directions. Choose the one you like.
You can apply a white sheet of paper to your monitor and outline the pig by the contour.

For the pig you'll need:

• a hoop;
  • organza (or any other fabric for a hoop);
  • felt;
  • needles;
  • seed beads;
  • hard cannetille;
  • floss in two shades;
  • glue;
  • an acrylic rose and heart (if desired);

In the last tutorial I was asked questions about hard cannetille. I made large photos on purpose. If you take silver thread or soft cannetille, you will feel that they are gentle and moveable. Hard cannetille is like a regular wire to the touch. It is tight, keeps shape. It is used to make the contour and the edge of a product.

In this photo I stretched the cannetille. You should stretch it gently. You won't be able to shrink it back. You can stretch a little less or a little more according to your desire. Sew cannetille wrapping it with monofilament. Try to put thread between the swirls of the cannetille. A little practice, and you will do it easily and quickly. You should pay special attention to curves, they are stitched several times.

Let's start the embroidery of our little pigs!
Transfer the pattern to felt.

There is simple organza on the hoop. Stitch the felt with basting stitches.
Make the contour with hard cannetille. Sew a black bead in the place of the eye.

By one bead stitch the entire contour of the pig. I think it will not be difficult even for the most novice embroiderers. Sew the beads on the side (the hole should look at the cannetille), one by one, next to each other.

I will show how to make French knots in the middle of the camomile :)
Secure the thread and make 2-3 turns on the needle. Hold the turns with your left hand, enter the needle into the fabric from the front side to the reverse side, almost near the first puncture. The turns need to be held until you make a tight French knot. Similarly fill all the space of the motif, placing the French knots close to each other.

When I was embroidering the pig, I made two coils on the needle. If desired, the French knots can be done more freely. Thus you can make the embroidery more artistic.
You'd better take an even needle. The ear must be not very wide, almost of the same width as the needle. It will be easier to put it through the turns.

The rose and the heart are glued. You can do without them. And you can replace them with something more interesting!

Here's a cute piggy that I made. I hope you will make even a more beautiful pig!

I cut out the finished pig by the contour and glued to fabric with superglue. I carefully stitched all the edges with monofilament. I sewed a tail of hard cannetille.

I put the pig on this handbag. You can make a brooch, an applique or something else!

Thank you for your attention! Good luck!
I would really appreciate every comment and vote!

All those who are concerned, thank you very much!
Always yours,
Elena Krappi.